sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Concerned that Palace haven't won yet. Really thought they'd have beaten either Swansea or Everton.

Palace will win their first game under hippo heed against Sunderland at home.

Rtg carnage  :lol:

Concerned that Palace haven't won yet. Really thought they'd have beaten either Swansea or Everton.

Palace will win their first game under hippo heed against Sunderland at home.

Rtg carnage  :lol:

2 games time?  spurs next- lose them 2 and thats gonna be trouble.

In the 10 years we have somehow managed to stay in the Premiership, we have been a constant irritation to the FA and their ideal image of the what a Premier side should be. Everything in the structure of the league is geared to kick unfashionable sides like us down. Although we have made large investments in player academies, any player with any talent that progresses is immediately a target for the more fashionable clubs, and the FA through their national squad selection and whispers to the players have endorsed this.

I remain of the opinion that the fundamental factor in Big Sam being given the England job was that the suits wanted to lash out at Sunderland for our role in relegating two FA favourites in Aston Villa and Newcastle. I think they are that petty, because it was a potty appointment from the start with his track record in his personal affairs.

You can not underestimate what an impact the FA's attitude has had on us. Moyes is not up to the job, but we are down to scraping the barrel anyway. Who else could we bring in? We are a laughing stock with our rotation of managers. We are down to the last chancers and has-beens in both playing and management staff. I can't criticise Short. The bloke is pouring millions into our club each year in a desperate attempt to keep us competing in the top league in an inherently inequitable system. He would have to be a madman to invest the sort of money he would need to invest to make us guaranteed survival each season.

I am convinced that without the FA's meddling we could have built a quality side around the likes of Henderson, Miglonet and Bent and established ourselves. We have been sucked dry any time any genuine talent has appeared.

:lol: