sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe they're getting £5m for Borini. Along with Pickford and the probable sales of Kone, Ndong and Khazri, they might raise a decent chunk.

£5m is a pittance to be honest like, likely does nowt but cover what they still owe Liverpool.  They paid £10m for him 2 years ago so I'd be very surprised if they don't still owe £5m for him.

I would consider sticking money on them going up tbh, there is still plenty of s**** in that league

Have you seen the state of their squad ? Unless these new owners (if it happens) throw a ton of money at them, a better bet is for them to go down again. Look at how badly Villa struggled last year with a way superior squad and a real manager !

I would consider sticking money on them going up tbh, there is still plenty of s**** in that league

Have you seen the state of their squad ? Unless these new owners (if it happens) throw a ton of money at them, a better bet is for them to go down again. Look at how badly Villa struggled last year with a way superior squad and a real manager !

I had a feeling that somebody would have beaten me to it!

It just isn't going to happen.

The current ownership have thrown a ton of misplaced money at it and that's a fundemental part of why they're in their current predicament.

Their next ten years will be a lot more austere than the last ten.

In the post-war era they've been out of the top Divison for five consecutive seasons on two occasions and for six consecutive seasons on two occasions. There was a brief run around in third tier in their somewhere. At the minute it looks like all the conditions could be in place for a reord breaking run. Btw, apparently only three league clubs have had three consecutive relegations (Wolves, Luton, Bristol City), unlikely but there's a winnable competition, actually wouldn't require much effort... just keep doing nothing. "3 in a row FTM!"  :flex:

Just waiting for 'Bally' to distance himself from it now!  ;D

:lol:

I've never understood how when they once had a local lad Colin Todd play for them, who was one of the best and most cultured defenders north east football has ever seen, that their club legends are two third rate cloggers  Kevin Ball and Charlie Hurley  :idiot2:

Perhaps it says everything you need to know about them ?

Presume Borini's wages needed to be off the books. You would think they were get a decent loan fee for him, otherwise what would be the point?

One of their better players, gone for nowt.

Presume Borini's wages needed to be off the books. You would think they were get a decent loan fee for him, otherwise what would be the point?

One of their better players, gone for nowt.

report i read was £1m now and the balance of ~£4.5m next summer

they'd have been better keeping him :lol:

Just waiting for 'Bally' to distance himself from it now!  ;D

[emoji38]

I've never understood how when they once had a local lad Colin Todd play for them, who was one of the best and most cultured defenders north east football has ever seen, that their club legends are two third rate cloggers  Kevin Ball and Charlie Hurley  :idiot2:

Perhaps it says everything you need to know about them ?

The local lad they missed that was better than Todd was of course Kevin Beattie.