sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They are solvent enough under Short to meet their immediate payments, so there is no reason for Short to put the club to go into Administration and lose all his money. 

However, their revenue flows don't allow for much beyond immediate running costs, and debt payments (According to the retired accountant GrumpyOldMan on RTG who has been deep into their finances).  The biggest threat is the external loan that is held by SBC. When that comes due in 2019, if they cannot pay it, then they are truly f****d.  But I think their entire financial position is aimed at creating enough cashflow to pay off that loan.

They will have to reduce player costs in line with their new revenue streams, including the reduced Parachute payment for next year and the final one in 2019, but they may still stay afloat... but at the new operating model of Championship/League 1 finances/players.

RTG all think that Short should just sell up for pennies on the dollar, and dump the club on the sidewalk for someone else to pick up and run.  I just don't see that happening, unless Short is convinced that they will continue to hemorrhage cash even under the most austere financial conditions.  And in which case, who would take on such a toxic business.

I actually think that they will settle into bottom of the championship or even League One under their new financial conditions, and stay there until the external debts are paid. Only then, and it might be 3-4-5 years, will they be able to invest in playing staff. 

Cracking owner according to some of them.

Another day, another load of bollocks from that lot

The reason they think that is probably because they'd happily accept 17th place year after year as long as they "beat the mags". They really are a rank, little pointless club.

There's a decent post on there tbf.

He's been pretty poor if we are being honest. In the 20 years prior to him joining they were in Europe every other year (10 times), 7 top 6 finishes, 2 FA Cup finals, transfer records broken, ambition shown. In the 10 years he's been there they've been in Europe once, 2 relegations, a couple other seasons flirting with relegation, basically going massively backwards, that's not mentioning the Kinnear, Wise, Sport Direct Arena stuff. They might be in a better position financially but when finishing 16th or 17th is considered a success it's not exactly exciting for fans. I read in his 10 years there, he has spent a net of £30 million in transfers (circa £3m a season) while the likes of Bournemouth (a team in League 2 10 years ago) are spending two thirds of that net spend on one player.

He's a safe owner, they will be OK financially and new ownership could either way - they could end up with a Venky or they could get someone in who will spend similar amounts to the likes of Hall / Shepherd in comparison to the rest of the league. Will be interesting to see how it goes, and could be a case of 'careful what you wish for' but if I were a mag I'd be willing to risk that.

That's the issue though..... Ashley was ok with relegation as long as the finances were kept in balance, as he was playing the long game of financial stability.    They don't have the discipline to stay with the plan and get stronger.  Its sack the manager as we need a quick boost (and screw the financial cost).

This time last season, they should have started planning for their Championship season with Moyes as part of a three year plan, but they let it get so toxic that he wouldn't stick around.  Same is happening with Grayson.  He will be hounded out, and the cycle will repeat.

Yeah strange comment that. Some things are more important than football. I wouldnt want to see anyone lose their jobs, especially in a company which I'm sure hires plenty of Newcastle fans as well.

Its the kid of pathetic small minded bitter shite i'd expect from them lot.

Didn't realise we did that level of stupidity, looks like we do.

Trump fan full of hatred for anyone bar himself. Sad little oik.

Every year in the prem before their luck finally ran out they'd always have one forward player who's form would be far better than the rest of their shit team combined who would score bags of goals and keep them up. Defoe, Bent, Gyan, etc.

I recon it'll be the same for a while as they stink out the championship next. Recon this year Mcgeady will be the class player (by that league's standards that is) who just about keeps them up.

He's looks the only player capable of doing anything significant for them at the moment.

Guest milburn990

Love it how they once a season filled their ground (against us and heavily subsidised with free tickets) and we sell out pretty much every game, even in the championship, yet the level of support is somehow the same.  :lol:

What they are getting now is their true reflection, with no free tickets on offer. Even those who’ve paid currently aren’t turning up.  :lol: If we had any success we’d need a bigger ground, they’d just about fill theirs on the cheap.

But yer knaa, it’s canny similar.

Aye, they always go on about how the media keep saying 52,000 screaming Geordies. Well you know their stadium only holds 3,000 less than ours, the media could well go on about 49,000 screaming mackems if they turned up and supported them. Ok so right now they have some reason to not do that (bad ownership, and a squad full of players who don't care), but they have had reason to achieve that in the past and never did.

Bad ownership, and players who don't care?......hang on was that not us too?

Guest milburn990

Quote:

He'd be a better owner than Short. The mags need to be careful what they wish for. I don't get the hate they have for him tbh

horselover, Yesterday at 9:41 PM #18

Quote:

The mags are too thick to recognise all the good work he's done. All they can think about is spend spend spend to reclaim their rightful place back in the Champions League

The Great MES, Yesterday at 9:44 PM #19

I'm starting to feel sorry for the unwashed...........then again maybe not.

Quote:

The mags are too thick to recognise all the good work he's done. All they can think about is spend spend spend to reclaim their rightful place back in the Champions League

I saw that too.... and its so ironic that he doesn't see how much the same statement mirrors their situation

The mags Mackems are too thick to recognise all the good work he's done. All they can think about is spend spend spend to reclaim their rightful place back in the Champions League Ship

Quote:

He'd be a better owner than Short. The mags need to be careful what they wish for. I don't get the hate they have for him tbh

horselover, Yesterday at 9:41 PM #18

Quote:

I'm starting to feel sorry for the unwashed...........then again maybe not.

No chance after how they went on after our relegation last year not to mention the one in 2009! Quite simply, fuck them!

Every year in the prem before their luck finally ran out they'd always have one forward player who's form would be far better than the rest of their s*** team combined who would score bags of goals and keep them up. Defoe, Bent, Gyan, etc.

I recon it'll be the same for a while as they stink out the championship next. Recon this year Mcgeady will be the class player (by that league's standards that is) who just about keeps them up.

He's looks the only player capable of doing anything significant for them at the moment.

Gyan didnt keep them up like. He was only there one year and he was average.

God I hope he sells us and then buys them and completely f***s them about like he did with us.

How class would that be man!? 

The amount of macktracking on there would be an absolute joy to read.  Some of them still wouldn't be able to accept reality though because that would me admitting "the mags were right".  :D

Just skimmed their thread asking who is a better club to buy.  Wow. 

I was expecting a few bitter arseholes saying Sunderland, with most of the other posters shooting them down and laughing at them.  But there seems to be a lot of agreement and back slapping going on.  About them being the better proposition, them having the better ground, training ground, fanbase etc.  They are not particularly self-aware, are they?! :lol:

I mean even if you're trying not to be biased, like both sets of fans are.  I am really struggling to see how they are the more attractive option?  So it seems to be the training ground is owned by them and is decent.  Is that basically the long and short of it, then? 

To say their ground is better and their fanbase is equal or better, is just laughable and clearly not true.  Newcastle and SJP are known around the world, with SJP being packed out most weeks.  Sunderland and the SoL are neither of those things :lol: 

St James might be lopsided but it's by far the superior stadium.  You regularly hear pundits, opposition managers and players commenting on it.  It also has character and history.  The only thing that gives their dump any character is the pink seats and the pasty wrappers swirling round the pitch, if it wasn't for them you could easily mistake it for Southampton or Stoke's stadium.

It's alreet though, if you rank our two clubs currently they are a better proposition than we are for a takeover

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/pros-for-buying-safc-vs-nufc.1397341/

Depends what you want I guess....Sunderland is primed and ready for a revolution and for somebody to make themselves an absolute legend as an owner.....Newcastle is on a hiding to nothing unless you have the really big money to throw at it like the Arabs as massive spending in the Prem will buy you mid table these days.

:lol:

:spit:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100227224111/villains/images/9/97/Blackknight.png

"Just you wait and see mate...I'm primed and ready for a REVOLUTION!"

Guest Howaythetoon

The fact visiting vans stay in Newcastle, the fact mackems come to Newcastle to eat, shop and drink and the fact half their players live outside of sunderland should tell you all you need to know about THAT place...

Its not worth investing in at all, not even as a city because it has literally nowt going for it. Roker Marina is canny mind...

The fact visiting vans stay in Newcastle, the fact mackems come to Newcastle to eat, shop and drink and the fact half their players live outside of sunderland should tell you all you need to know about THAT place...

Its not worth investing in at all, not even as a city because it has literally nowt going for it. Roker Marina is canny mind...

More parking spaces.

More parking spaces.

Pretty important for all the visiting vans.

St James might be lopsided but it's by far the superior stadium.  You regularly hear pundits, opposition managers and players commenting on it.  It also has character and history.  The only thing that gives their dump any character is the pink seats and the pasty wrappers swirling round the pitch, if it wasn't for them you could easily mistake it for Southampton or Stoke's stadium.

Wijnaldum's reaction where he said 'wow' and smiling like an excited school kid was brilliant when he saw it for the first time.