sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest milburn990

It's alreet though, if you rank our two clubs currently they are a better proposition than we are for a takeover

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/pros-for-buying-safc-vs-nufc.1397341/

We have a better ground, state of the art training facility which is all paid for. We will be cheaper by around £200 million and have similar levels of debt.

They have a better squad, they have £100 million a year TV money but there is little doubt that if somebody wanted to "buy" the Championship then it could be done with SAFC without too much trouble. You would end up with a Premier league football club for a smaller investment than buying the mags.

In terms of fanbase both are similar and any threat of success and both stadiums would be sold out each week.

Depends what you want I guess....Sunderland is primed and ready for a revolution and for somebody to make themselves an absolute legend as an owner.....Newcastle is on a hiding to nothing unless you have the really big money to throw at it like the Arabs as massive spending in the Prem will buy you mid table these days.

:lol:

It's mind boggling that they type this s*** and actually believe it. :lol:

Their delusional posts are hilarious they're all on what Dave the Rave is on.  :idiot2:

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not one for criticising poor attendances because lets face it, they are a well supported club still. But we sold out almost every game during both relegation seasons and have been shat on just as much as they have. I genuinely believe their stadium should have been a 30K seater stadium similar to St. Marys as even if they were doing well, it won't be filled every week. They literally can't give tickets away these days, even I as a Geordie have been offered free tickets to the SOL through work.

It's alreet though, if you rank our two clubs currently they are a better proposition than we are for a takeover

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/pros-for-buying-safc-vs-nufc.1397341/

We have a better ground, state of the art training facility which is all paid for. We will be cheaper by around £200 million and have similar levels of debt.

They have a better squad, they have £100 million a year TV money but there is little doubt that if somebody wanted to "buy" the Championship then it could be done with SAFC without too much trouble. You would end up with a Premier league football club for a smaller investment than buying the mags.

In terms of fanbase both are similar and any threat of success and both stadiums would be sold out each week.

Depends what you want I guess....Sunderland is primed and ready for a revolution and for somebody to make themselves an absolute legend as an owner.....Newcastle is on a hiding to nothing unless you have the really big money to throw at it like the Arabs as massive spending in the Prem will buy you mid table these days.

:lol:

The guy saying he thought Keane was going to create a Ferguson esque dynasty :lol:

My work doesn't "trust" the RTG forum, so I can only imagine the crap they are spewing, must be a horrible time for them really. There is nothing at all for them to have any hope for with their own team, so their only really solace right now is to find something that they can cling to in a negative aspect about us. Trying to twist the possible(if unlikely) sale of NUFC, into a them or us situation where the clear winner is them is bizarre in the extreme, but when you are clutching at straws for comfort what can you do ?

Love it how they once a season filled their ground (against us and heavily subsidised with free tickets) and we sell out pretty much every game, even in the championship, yet the level of support is somehow the same.  :lol:

What they are getting now is their true reflection, with no free tickets on offer. Even those who’ve paid currently aren’t turning up.  :lol: If we had any success we’d need a bigger ground, they’d just about fill theirs on the cheap.

But yer knaa, it’s canny similar.

That thread!

What a deluded bunch of idiotic, bitter bellends they are!

I genuinely hope they sink down the leagues and we never play them again!

This seconded....they can go fucking pop and we never play them again for all I care...hopefully the North sea just swallows the whole of the fuckers up. After all its already eaten half of their catchment area

Hope Nissan goes fucking tits up and its a deserted wasteland of a place too

That thread!

What a deluded bunch of idiotic, bitter bellends they are!

I genuinely hope they sink down the leagues and we never play them again!

This seconded....they can go fucking pop and we never play them again for all I care...hopefully the North sea just swallows the whole of the fuckers up. After all its already eaten half of their catchment area

Hope Nissan goes fucking tits up and its a deserted wasteland of a place too

Cheers fuckface  :thup:

Yeah strange comment that. Some things are more important than football. I wouldnt want to see anyone lose their jobs, especially in a company which I'm sure hires plenty of Newcastle fans as well.

Yeah strange comment that. Some things are more important than football. I wouldnt want to see anyone lose their jobs, especially in a company which I'm sure hires plenty of Newcastle fans as well.

Its the kid of pathetic small minded bitter shite i'd expect from them lot.

Didn't realise we did that level of stupidity, looks like we do.

Could they genuinely be finished with another relegation?

Who knows, sometimes it's a springboard to a recovery, like it was with Wolves, or stabilzation with new ownership. What they probably don't need though is a few years of this struggling to survive in the champo, because soon those parachute payments will dry up and you won't be able to cut the wage bill any further.

Just caught the end of the advert on the radio for Sunderland City of Culture 2021

"we have Penshaw Monument and the Glass centre, it's bursting with culture!"

:serious:

Bursting out laughing, marra.

Snarf snarf.

They will probably survive, but they are already 12 points off a playoff place. It becomes unlikelier by the week that they get out of the division this year. Given their financial situation, they are pretty much fucked.

I think their only hopes are striking gold with a quality (likely unknown) manager or a rich owner rescuing them, otherwise it's likely to be a long time before we see them again.*

(* Assuming some series of events that involves Ashley staying and Rafa walking doesn't send us plummeting alongside them.)

They will probably survive, but they are already 12 points off a playoff place. It becomes unlikelier by the week that they get out of the division this year. Given their financial situation, they are pretty much f***ed.

I think their only hopes are striking gold with a quality (likely unknown) manager or a rich owner rescuing them, otherwise it's likely to be a long time before we see them again.*

(* Assuming some series of events that involves Ashley staying and Rafa walking doesn't send us plummeting alongside them.)

Personally I think that with every week that goes by it's looking *more* likely they get out of that division this year. :lol:

Love it how they once a season filled their ground (against us and heavily subsidised with free tickets) and we sell out pretty much every game, even in the championship, yet the level of support is somehow the same.  :lol:

What they are getting now is their true reflection, with no free tickets on offer. Even those who’ve paid currently aren’t turning up.  :lol: If we had any success we’d need a bigger ground, they’d just about fill theirs on the cheap.

But yer knaa, it’s canny similar.

Aye, they always go on about how the media keep saying 52,000 screaming Geordies. Well you know their stadium only holds 3,000 less than ours, the media could well go on about 49,000 screaming mackems if they turned up and supported them. Ok so right now they have some reason to not do that (bad ownership, and a squad full of players who don't care), but they have had reason to achieve that in the past and never did.