sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cos he used to eat cookies when he was growing up.

The Wales manager also shed light on the origins of “Cookie”, the nickname from his playing days, revealing it was from popular Children’s TV show ‘Sesame Street’.

With a wry smile Chris Coleman said: “I was quite a big young boy and my friends called me Cookie Monster as I was forever eating biscuits and chocolate bars and that’s where it stuck.”

There's a similar story behind the "Catts" nickname.

Don't understand how people think they're going to finish further up the table. They're genuinely diabolical, the odd time everything does click for them and they scrape a draw or fluke a win results around them keep them in it. They're a bit better at the back thanks to Coleman but still prone to comical lapses as today suggests and they have absolutely zero threat going forward, if people think we have a very real chance of going down you have to see that a much more I'll equipped team is going to do just as bad if not worse.

I get it, it's Sunderland, the perennial survivors, the perpetual drain swirlers, they have gotten out of so much worse but this time they're in real financial trouble, no money to spend, no new manager bounce, no NUFC fixture and no Defoe. I'm more concerned about our immediate future but if we do go back down I still think we'll be in different league's.

The Wales manager also shed light on the origins of “Cookie”, the nickname from his playing days, revealing it was from popular Children’s TV show ‘Sesame Street’.

With a wry smile Chris Coleman said: “I was quite a big young boy and my friends called me Cookie Monster as I was forever eating biscuits and chocolate bars and that’s where it stuck.”

What a rebel.

There's a similar story behind the "Catts" nickname.

Ffs what a sad cunt

When/if they go down will it be the highest earning squad ever to be relegated from the second tier ?

They still have a lot of bloated high earning players on top end premier league salaries, most of whom don't seem to be  too bothered about their relegation woes.

Ndong being eyed by Watford too.

Could easily be the same as the summer where their best players leave and are replaced by much weaker players.

They’ll be sleepwalking to relegation if they dont replace these players with quality, they need quality in addition to keeping these players, so no idea what they think they’ll achieve by selling (or losing in the case of Grabban) them :lol:

Ndong being eyed by Watford too.

Could easily be the same as the summer where their best players leave and are replaced by much weaker players.

They’ll be sleepwalking to relegation if they dont replace these players with quality, they need quality in addition to keeping these players, so no idea what they think they’ll achieve by selling (or losing in the case of Grabban) them :lol:

Grabban as we know is a returned loan so no money there and N’Dong will be sold at a loss, which will just about cover what they still owe Lorient. They may still be down from that deal, all they’ll save is wages.

It is one less thing they owe out so business wise it looks better for them, on the pitch though they won’t move forward selling him.

A Kone sale may see them reinvest, but know doubt they’ll still owe something and his value has halved over the last year, in fact it may require a loan to buy to shift him for any decent value.

Watmore was their other sellable asset, who will do well to have any career after his reoccurring injury.

Unless Short puts some money in then it’ll be loans for them, sitting at the bottom of the table, toxic atmosphere, fans not turning up and general shite location, players with options will go elsewhere.

Mackems after Cameron Jerome, according to the Chronic.

Figures, like.... another player who always seems to do well against us.

Must be the first question on any list of players they are looking.... Has he scored against the Mags?

Guest Open_C

Mackems after Cameron Jerome, according to the Chronic.

Figures, like.... another player who always seems to do well against us.

Must be the first question on any list of players they are looking.... Has he scored against the Mags?

I mean, not that I want to curse anything but it's looking increasingly academic whether he's capable of scoring against us or not, tbh :shifty: