sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

game against Burton to avoid the wooden spoon. People on here get in such a lather if they look like winning a game. they are 7 adrift with 5 games to play. They need snookers

Norwich will beat them comfortably tuesday too

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't completely write them off, but worrying about them staying up is nuts. They're 7 points from safety, with an inferior goal difference, and 5 games left. If no one else wins, they need 2 wins and a draw from the following to stay up on goal difference. Their last 2 wins and a draw are spread over 20 matches, their last 7 points are spread over 7 matches. So they need to improve on their existing form massively and every single other team around them has to not pick up any points at all between now and the end of the season.

Norwich (H)

Reading (A)

Burton (H)

Fulham (A)

Wolves (H)

I wouldn't completely write them off, but worrying about them staying up is nuts. They're 7 points from safety, with an inferior goal difference, and 5 games left. If no one else wins, they need 2 wins and a draw from the following to stay up on goal difference. Their last 2 wins and a draw are spread over 20 matches, their last 7 points are spread over 7 matches. So they need to improve on their existing form massively and every single other team around them has to not pick up any points at all between now and the end of the season.

Norwich (H)

Reading (A)

Burton (H)

Fulham (A)

Wolves (H)

Whilst I agree with all of what you say, pointing out they have a worse goal difference doesn't really count for anything.

They're on -29, Bolton are on -28 and Birmingham on -27. If they overhaul the 7 point deficit they currently have, it's almost impossible not to overturn a -2 goal difference at the same time.

They're still pretty-much fucked though, but like most on here I've no intention of getting excited until they're actually flushed. I can wait.

That's a pretty friendly run in for them though. Norwich has been awful all season and are on the beach already I think. Reading had been in free fall until the win today, which probably confirms their champo status, so not much to play for. Burton are tragic. Fulham away is a tough one of course. Wolves should have sealed the title by the time they play them and won't have a lot to play for. 4 wins out of that lot is not impossible, extremely unlikely, 3 wins is definately doable though. However 9 points though may not be enough.

That's a pretty friendly run in for them though. Norwich has been awful all season and are on the beach already I think. Reading had been in free fall until the win today, which probably confirms their champo status, so not much to play for. Burton are tragic. Fulham away is a tough one of course. Wolves should have sealed the title by the time they play them and won't have a lot to play for. 4 wins out of that lot is not impossible, extremely unlikely, 3 wins is definately doable though. However 9 points though may not be enough.

Norwich that beat promotion chasing Villa 3-1 today aye?

How many of their current crop of players will leave if the go down I wonder, could they be in the same position again next season in the league below if they don't have the money and struggle to attract much more than league one level employees?  :shifty:

How many of their current crop of players will leave if the go down I wonder, could they be in the same position again next season in the league below if they don't have the money and struggle to attract much more than league one level employees?  :shifty:

I'm sure I heard 7 loanees  going back and 5 out of contract.  Leaves them really with rubbish keepers, kids and Journeymen they are desperate to get off the books.

Looking forward to the total anti-climax they face next season with the (lack of) reception/notice every other team gives them.

No ones cup final, no 'you're not famous anymore' chants, no shock when they get spanked by Fleetwood Town at home.

Looking forward to the total anti-climax they face next season with the (lack of) reception/notice every other team gives them.

No ones cup final, no 'you're not famous anymore' chants, no shock when they get spanked by Fleetwood Town at home.

'Accrington fan in peace'