sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe this lot are actually going down. Bare minimum they have to win 3 of their last 6 right and hope the two above them don't pick up any points. Thought they would scrape out like normal. Fair play if they fluke it out from this position.

The Leeds game, which is their next match, is just the type of game they have on the rare occasion gotten a result from all season, away to a fairly biggish name, they've beaten Norwich and Derby, got a draw at Wolves, beaten Fulham (at home). It's the crap around them who they've really struggled against most. Seems too much of a gap now for them, but difficult to discount them completely because of their previous, Reading seem to be in free fall and Bolton may have leveled out, they are more than likely to finished ahead of both Burton and Barnsley, catching one of Reading or Bolton might not be impossible but it's going to have to be a hell of a turnaround in form.

There's no way this sunderland team is picking up 8 more points. They were relegated when Birmingham beat Bolton, we've got more chance of going down than they have staying up.

I think Leeds away is the perfect game for them. Up against the only team who have been worse than they have since Xmas and away from that deserted, soulless stadium which seems to bring out the worst in them. 3/1 for a Mackem win is a very fair price.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-sun-niall-quinn-in-takeover-talks.1423947/page-229

Dangermows. :lol:

and this reply...

I doubt it - he's wearing that brown ale top all the mags revere.

It's not like he's wearing the latest top someone popped off to buy at Sports Direct just to honour a bet.

I don't want a Mag owner - you couldn't make this up.

Someone who's got an account post the link Disco did on here.

I think Leeds away is the perfect game for them. Up against the only team who have been worse than they have since Xmas and away from that deserted, soulless stadium which seems to bring out the worst in them. 3/1 for a Mackem win is a very fair price.

Why don't you just chuck £50 or something on them to stay up at 9/1 and pocket £500 if the worst happens, because that's surely the end goal, rather than betting on them to win most weeks?

Why don't you just chuck £50 or something on them to stay up at 9/1 and pocket £500 if the worst happens, because that's surely the end goal, rather than betting on them to win most weeks?

I see your point and I already have my saver bet in place should they stay up but I actually fancy them tomorrow. They always seem to play better away and Leeds are playing even worse than they are since they appointed that new manager who is clearly way out of his depth. 3/1 Is a very generous price and there's actually more money going on a Sunderland win than there is Leeds so those odds are shortening.

SAFC would like to take this opportunity to clarify the circumstances behind the movement of the Fulham game by the Football League (EFL) and Sky.

Firstly, we wholeheartedly sympathise with the issues the late change to this game has caused our supporters. Under normal circumstances, the EFL states that at a minimum five-week notice period must be given when games are selected for live broadcast. However, it was the view of the EFL and the Sky that given the significance of the matches taking place on the penultimate weekend, it would not be in the interests of the competition to broadcast matches that have no impact on the outstanding issues of the season. They therefore amended their policy from a five-week to a three-week notice period for the TV slots scheduled for 7.45pm on Friday 27 April or 5.30pm on Saturday 28 April.

The EFL announced the change in the notice period on March 29th and the club then advised fans that the Fulham game could be subject to change. Sunderland AFC was then informed by the EFL on the afternoon of Wednesday (April 4th) that the game had been selected for broadcast and the information was subsequently confirmed to supporters at 5pm, as instructed by the EFL.

Naturally we voiced concerns on how a change would impact on travel, but regrettably we could not refuse the re-scheduling in this particular instance, which is clarified in the EFL’s statement

How the fuck has this bloke set himself up financially for the rest of his life playing football ?

.....and there in a nutshell is what has gone badly wrong with professional football over the last decade or two....