sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

That time they clapped him off after scoring against them as they thought he would sign for them.  :mackems:

He had a good game apparently. Fingers crossed he get a couple of years on decent wages and does fuck all after 1 or 2 games.

That's pretty much nailed on. Once he's got his signing on fee it'll be feet up and headphones on for the next 24 months.

Moyes is better than they could have hoped for and more than they deserve, I wouldn't have been adverse to him coming to us if we hadn't held on to Rafa.

... that said, I hope nothing but ill for him and them now  :shifty:

I like it when they get all excited about friendlies abroad thinking they are in Europe. Close as they will ever get or have been I suppose

Might change for them under Moyes, I don't think he had a fair crack of the whip at Man Utd and Ferguson didn't pick him as a successor for nothing. I wouldn't hold much weight to his not doing that well in Spain either, I think he was probably just not suited to playing in that league and didn't have the domestic knowledge behind it to make it work on a shoestring over there. Mind you, I thought Martin O'Neil was okay until he managed the mackems so it's not like I've not been wrong before about a manager's ability :mike:

It'll be interesting to see how Moyes does due to his lack of success in his previous two jobs.

I don't think he's as guaranteed to be as much of a success as they think.

I like it when they get all excited about friendlies abroad thinking they are in Europe. Close as they will ever get or have been I suppose

Might change for them under Moyes, I don't think he had a fair crack of the whip at Man Utd and Ferguson didn't pick him as a successor for nothing. I wouldn't hold much weight to his not doing that well in Spain either, I think he was probably just not suited to playing in that league and didn't have the domestic knowledge behind it to make it work on a shoestring over there. Mind you, I thought Martin O'Neil was okay until he managed the mackems so it's not like I've not been wrong before about a manager's ability :mike:

He didn't even bother to try and integrate himself into the local culture though, so to me that's a big negative on his part.

The job he did at Everton was fantastic, always find it bizzare when people try to find ways to drag it down. He's a good manager and knows what he's doing, how to build a team.

If he fails it will be because his confidence/motivation has been damaged too much. Waited so long for a crack at a big job then it went so bad so quickly, now he's back right down probably even lower than he started with Everton. Must be hard to get yourself motivated to devote the long hours, the stress and withstand the inevitable problems when you're already a multimillionaire and could retire or go into media jobs quite easily.

Maybe he's absolutely got the fire into him to prove all the pisstakers wrong though. Iirc he punched some guy giving him grief in a pub after he was fired from Man United didn't he :lol:

Knew it wouldn't take long...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/is-there-anybody-not-happy-with-the-moyes-appointment.1255296/

We're all fuming apparently. ;D

EVERY time they sign someone or get a new manager, we're always FUMING, SEETHING or RATTLED. Apparently.

I'm actually impressed they managed to finally get a rated manager. Not that I'd want him here, I've said it before as well, but for them he should be perfect. Unambitious, happy to plod along efficiently around mid-table.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/is-there-anybody-not-happy-with-the-moyes-appointment.1255296/

EVERY time they sign someone or get a new manager, we're always FUMING, SEETHING or RATTLED. Apparently.

I'm actually impressed they managed to finally get a rated manager. Not that I'd want him here, I've said it before as well, but for them he should be perfect. Unambitious, happy to plod along efficiently around mid-table.

could be their Curbishley.

could be their Curbishley.

I don't think so. Moyes is comfortable in a working class British environment without big expectations. He's not going to pull up any trees but he knows how to build solid, basic teams who defend well enough to avoid relegation.

He's potentially an upgrade imho. If all goes well for Moyes then he has a higher glass ceiling than Allardyce but there's a slightly bigger chance him taking them down imho.

I just couldn't see them getting relegated under FS at any point whereas I don't think it's unthinkable for them now.

That said, I think this coming season would be the riskiest for them given he's had no pre-season, won't get many (any?) of the signings he wants and won't know his squad that well. If he manages to do a decent job this season then he'd be a very steady appointment imho.

No way I'd have been 100% happy with him at our place though and, of the two, I'm delighted we've got Rafa.