sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing wrong with it because they did support a nonce. They refused to accept that if you get charged with a crime there's likely to be evidence and a lot of them actively blamed the girl,and called her all sorts of shite, they deserve all the flak they get for it.

I'll agree their club behaved disgracefully, but their supporters were lied to. To say "a lot of them" you're actually talking about a very vocal, but very small minority of idiots.

My point was more about our support. You can't look down at them for singing stuff like Bobby Robson pissed himself, then call them nonces when almost without exception they're repulsed by it too.

I'll agree their club behaved disgracefully, but their supporters were lied to. To say "a lot of them" you're actually talking about a very vocal, but very small minority of idiots.

My point was more about our support. You can't look down at them for singing stuff like Bobby Robson p*ssed himself, then call them nonces when almost without exception they're repulsed by it too.

I would have agreed with you until this Johnson case.

It's more than a small vocal minority supporting him/ calling the girl a slag/ pretending their odious club has done nothing wrong etc.

In fact, I'm finding the opposite is the case and as I've said before, I live in a predominantly makem area and work with a load of them as well.

Had to do an awful lot of Facebook pruning in the last couple of weeks.

My point was more about our support. You can't look down at them for singing stuff like Bobby Robson p*ssed himself, then call them nonces when almost without exception they're repulsed by it too.

Look at the video of Sunderland fans at Hull. If you think that's the minority of them singing "he shags who he wants" then you're very much mistaken. They've also chanted about Bobby Robson being nearly dead, wishing Steven Taylor was dead and racially abused Olivier Bernard all in recent memory. Like I say they deserve what's coming to them.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm usually against chants about things that I find a bit cringey. I hate the fat cockney bastard song or ones about Scousers not having jobs for example. Obviously I find the Hillsborough and Munich ones disgusting. The Johnson one is completely different though because a. He is a paedophile. b. Sunderland knew about it, tried to cover it up and allowed him to keep playing and c. Some of their fans think his potential punishment isn't fair/that the victim is even remotely to blame. Absolutely no set of fans is going to think 'we're above singing about that', not least our own. They'll fully expect it and would do exactly the same.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't get what's wrong with fans singing about it. The bloke is actually a paedophile ffs.[emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

Could always sing about Newcastle, radical idea I know. Hoy in a few Cattermoles Dad too, that was the pinnacle of wit mind.

It always happens though Disco, it's not an NUFC exclusive thing. At non NUFC vs SAFC matches it's a bit weird, but it's a canny big thing that he, the club and some of their fans have done that's abhorrent. Absolutely no way will anyone let that slide.

No I know, it's just going to be a total cringe fest is all. I don't mind normally mind stuff like that when it's done cleverly but it won't be, and it'll be the be all and end all for many attending. 

Oh aye, we'll just ignore the fact that their club and supporters idolised and protected a convicted paedophile :lol:

Comparing those songs to what Man Utd/Liverpool sing to each other is ridiculous and short sighted.

Their own fans were celebrating the fact that Johnson abused one of their own. Personally, any song directed to them about the whole situation is thoroughly deserved.