sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Sunderland drew but lost on penalties and it's a group stage so Rochdale have 2 points but Sunderland only have 1. Mad

Someone said it on twitter i think it was last week. Something along the lines of : 'My team just played a Premier teams U23's in a league format and drew but then lost on penalties, real football has died'

Something like that, they quoted it on Soccer Saturday i think. It's not far wrong.

Similar thing happening in Scotland with the challenge cup, now named the Irn Bru cup. Used to be just the teams outside the SPL  but this season each SPL club had an u20's 'colts' team in it. Thankfully they've all been eliminated. In the next round there's even four teams from N Ireland and Wales coming into it. Crusaders,Linfield,Bala Town and New Saints. Absolute farce and a forerunner to getting Celtic/Rangers B teams into the lower divisions in Scotland. Having said that it's a chance to tick off obscure new grounds. Had a soft spot for St Mirren for years and watched them at Albion Rovers last Saturday. Ties are played on international weekends so nowt happening down here.