sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'It's really, genuinely sad that there are people like him out there. I mean, I don't like Newcastle United; I laugh when they lose, I join in on threads on here, I wind up the mags where I work and they wind me up back but, when all's said and done, it's just a laugh. For some reason it seems to be this blokes life, trying to get one over the "mackums". I'd understand if he was about 12 but he's a grown bloke, does he not have anything better to do, a family to look after or something? Has he never grown up?

The rivalry is great, but getting as obsessed as he is about us just can't be healthy. I can only assume that there are many things that are sadly, sadly lacking in his life. He seems to be living his life through his football team as if "representing" them on Twitter somehow makes his life worthwhile. Alas your football team being better or worse, "classier" or less "classy" than someone else's doesn't make you a better or worse person than them and it doesn't make you successful or a failure. When he realises this and considers what he has done with his life, on his own, I think he'll be sorely disappointed. When he shuffles off this mortal coil I doubt he'll be missed, it's almost a shame'

Just seen this post on RTG, the lack of self awareness is actually scary :lol:

It's not though, he's absolutely right. There are people like he describes on both sides and it's tragic.

:lol:

Give over man! we take the piss like a rival does, the same amount as pretty much every other rival in the country

The difference is uncomparable

It's not though, he's absolutely right. There are people like he describes on both sides and it's tragic.

:lol:

Give over man! we take the p*ss like a rival does, the same amount as pretty much every other rival in the country

The difference is uncomparable

Totally agree. They take it to a whole new level but most of us knew that anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

It's exactly the same man. There are people exactly like that within this thread alone let alone within our supporters. You're being naive in the extreme if you think it's all one-way traffic.

There are elements in our support that are equally as bad but when you look at the majority of threads on RTG, they're either made up stories or just waffle about Newcastle and/or 'mags'. On our match days even on midweek (and unaired) games in the Championship they've got 30 page threads about us. Change their twitter bio's to 'QPR fan' and shout about how good their fans are - purely just to say "they were better than Newcastle's fans!".

I don't know what to make of this article . The bit where he wrote: "Sitting deep, not getting stretched, makes it easier to maintain shape, to stay in formation and not get picked off quite so often. For the most part it has worked albeit, yes, at the cost of a less attacking game. That will take time, it always does." For the most part it has worked, wtf, you've got one point, one fucking point from six games. LOL, the arrogance of we've been here before, we'll get back out of it, is staggering.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-sunderland-afc-course-11947451

Guest firetotheworks

There are elements in our support that are equally as bad but when you look at the majority of threads on RTG, they're either made up stories or just waffle about Newcastle and/or 'mags'. On our match days even on midweek (and unaired) games in the Championship they've got 30 page threads about us. Change their twitter bio's to 'QPR fan' and shout about how good their fans are - purely just to say "they were better than Newcastle's fans!".

RTG probably isn't a fair comparison to here like. If you've been on Skunkers it was the same level of shite patter. In general I agree though, it's the smaller club mentality that probably contributes to that type of rival-obsessed fan being more prominent in their fanbase, but as I say, we've definitely got our fair share of them too, for some bizarre reason.

It was the mackems that started the whole obsessed patter, when they realised we had discovered the amount of made up stuff they spout about us.

Some of our 'holier than thou'  fans have just taken up as an opportunity to look superior- thats all it is tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

This discussion:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/de.simpsons/images/3/38/Shelbyville.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130328174824

48,000+ for a midweek championship game again. Sickens the mackems off knowing they can't get near this even in the premiership. Embarrassing

This is true- had a quick look at their match thread last night, just to see the reactions to the extra time goals :lol:  came across some bitterness about the size of the crowd- One asked is it a full house, and someone replied -is it ever these days. :lol:

48,000+ for a midweek championship game again. Sickens the mackems off knowing they can't get near this even in the premiership. Embarrassing

This is true- had a quick look at their match thread last night, just to see the reactions to the extra time goals :lol:  came across some bitterness about the size of the crowd- One asked is it a full house, and someone replied -is it ever these days. :lol:

2 sell outs for us already this season and a 50k average whilst Sunderlands last home game was played in front of 10k empty seats and we won't mention the 13k they pulled in for the league cup. They thought we would have deserted the club after relegation, as they would have theirs, and it kills them that we've all stuck by them.

No wonder they're bitter.