sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How's he done at club level? All I can remember is that he managed Fulham at one point.

Average at second division Sociedad, didn't get them promoted. Similarly meh at Coventry where he just got worse. Had a spell in Greece.

So, on the whole, he struggles without Gareth Bale to turn to.

They must have offered a decent salary, budget and length of contract. He must be pretty gutted that his best option is Sunderland in their position. Where does he go from there once he’s failed? Back into the media with the last 3 and half years of his contract paid up to comfort him.

A cunt of a person to take over a cunt of a club. Perfect.

Unfortunately he'll keep them up but it's a sticking plaster over a gaping wound. Appointing Coleman won't suddenly put that right.

Came in to post pretty much this. Can't think of an active manager that I hate more than Coleman, quality fit. :)

A c*** of a person to take over a c*** of a club. Perfect.

Unfortunately he'll keep them up but it's a sticking plaster over a gaping wound. Appointing Coleman won't suddenly put that right.

Unless he has money to spend then can’t see any change. The team is s*** and his record at club level is pretty s*** also. He hasn’t got players like bale and ramsey st Sunderland that’s for sure

Judging a manger from international jobs can be hard. He had Bale and a few others to win him games, just look at Portugal who were carried to the Euro’s and won them through Ronaldo.

His CV prior to Wales isn’t anything special, in fact he last managed Coventry which is an indication of how highly he is rated.

On the one hand, I'm surprised he's choosing to take this job.

On the other, he'll be shite at club level and will never take them higher than mid-table. Fit wife, that's it. And it's always a huge plus when their manager is a hateable twat.

Really shocked by this news. Coleman a likeable guy and our (Wales) most successful coach, however I can’t see anything other than failure here, as a few have already said his club management record is not too good.. Anyway, thanks for the memories and good luck, you’re going to need it Chris!