sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do they hate Jimmy Hill again?! [emoji38]

“f*** OFF YA BIG CHINNED c***.” [emoji38]

He personally relegated Sunderland AFC in the late seventies despite not kicking a ball by the cunning plan of finishing his game ten minutes later than the Wearsiders. Sunderland lost 2-0 where his team Coventry drew with Bristol City. If Sunderland had've won they'd have stayed up regardless. Proof that he did indeed personally relegate them.

Not as simple as that. He asked for the match to have a delayed KO because of trouble that Coventry fans had getting to the game. It was delayed by 15 minutes. The Sunderland game could have and should have been delayed, or at least the 2nd half should have been. Coventry and Bristol City were drawing 2-2 when the Sunderland game finished. A draw was the only result that would have sent Sunderland down, Both Coventry and Bristol would have sent the other team down instead of Sunderland had they won. Coventry played out the final 15 minutes by playing it across the back (It’s also said that Bristol didn’t attempt to gain the ball off them). It was investigated by the FA, however Jimmy Hill happened to be on the FA board as well and refused to sit out of the investigation.

Aye before the time when every game was televised unfortunately. Would have been hilarious to watch

I was at Highfield Rd that night with my Dad. My old man absolutely spent the last 20 minutes pissing himself laughing.

The last 20 minutes Coventry and Bristol City literally passed the ball amongst themselves and to each other. Tommy Hutchison and Gerry Gow sat in the centre circle chatting for 5 or so  minutes whilst play continued. Bristol were also managed by ex Coventry player under Jimmy Hill, Alan Dicks. Hilarious stuff.

Pretty typical of them to raise their game against the better teams. Still only got them a point for all the good it will do them. I'm not seriously considering them for relegation, and a point isn't going to help them get anywhere near the play offs.

Aye, despite all of their crowing there's a very real probability that our fortunes are about to improve, perhaps drastically. It might be a painful process, it might mean us seeing another relegation first, but we'll get there. These cunts, on the other hand, are only headed in one direction and that's down. Fuck them.