sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it true that we have now won/lost the same amount of games against this lot? I thought that we were still two wins ahead but a few websites say it's 53 wins each.

53 wins for us, 51 wins for them, 49 draws.

Thats what I thought but Wiki (yeah, I know) and another site say differently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyne%E2%80%93Wear_derby

https://www.11v11.com/teams/sunderland/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Newcastle%20United/

I'd go with Nufc.com over the likes of Wiki any day of the week. They've archived every single NUFC match in the clubs history and pride themselves on being deadly accurate with statistics whereas anyone can just go in and edit Wikipedia.

What's this myth about our fans "spat at Sir Bobby Robson"? What the f***? Do they literally make up s**** to comfort themselves? Weird c***s.

Some people (all of us apparently) spat at him when he was England manager and didn't call up Keegan. Or something along those lines.

Aye. Ultimately  we won nowt, but they must have been caking it for over half of that decade of so many near misses. There was THAT season when we nearly won the league  and then a couple of fa cup finals followed by a semi final. Not to mention regular top 6 finishes. Something they're yet to experience in the premier league btw.

What's this myth about our fans "spat at Sir Bobby Robson"? What the f***? Do they literally make up s**** to comfort themselves? Weird c***s.

Some people (all of us apparently) spat at him when he was England manager and didn't call up Keegan. Or something along those lines.

Weren't we all sunderland fans back then though, pre 1992?

This is true. I remember sitting in the old Fulwell Stand with my dad and brother cheering on our red and white heroes. We were all massive lads fans.

Then Keegan came along and we all went to support them instead.

This is true. I remember sitting in the old Fulwell Stand with my dad and brother cheering on our red and white heroes. We were all massive lads fans.

Then Keegan came along and we all went to support them instead.

Me 2. I was a MASSIVE lads fan until Keegan came along, then i fucked them off and started supporting us mags.

Aye. Ultimately  we won nowt, but they must have been caking it for over half of that decade of so many near misses. There was THAT season when we nearly won the league  and then a couple of fa cup finals followed by a semi final. Not to mention regular top 6 finishes. Something they're yet to experience in the premier league btw.

May be wrong but I don't think they've had a top 6 finish in the top flight since before Neville Chamberlain had a piece of paper in his hand.

May be wrong but I don't think they've had a top 6 finish in the top flight since before Neville Chamberlain had a piece of paper in his hand.

They've had 3 top 10 finishes since 1955 - those successive 7th's under Reid and Brucie's 10th.

The greatest night in RTG's history by a million miles was when we lost to Marseille. The jizz could've flooded Sunderland to a depth of six feet.