sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I see, that makes a lot more sense. Obvious really, I should have just looked it up. I thought it was in reflection of the current circumstances in a city and not the potential it has should it win the award. As for the Newcastle thing, it makes sense for it to be centred around and concerned with tourism.

Coventry :lol:

Couldn’t have went any better.

Sweet.

I was kind of hoping they'd win, as it would have be good for Newcastle.....but then I remembered the utter jubilation on RTG when we lost the City of Culture bid to Liverpool.

More karma.

What are these things actually for and in whose interest are these decisions made?

I love Newcastle but it's obviously not the best city in the world, probably not even close. And as for city of culture, Sunderland or Coventry clearly aren't the most cultured, exciting places in the country, even after all of the dressing up they do when in the running for such awards.

I'm just wondering who actually takes this stuff seriously and what the benefit is? 'Cause when I read these sorts of things I can't help but seeing the elephant in the room that nobody ever seems to address.

Is it not just given to places that need rejuvenating?

Aye, but Sunderland just wants flattening!  ;D

Guest Howaythetoon

Coventrybis a shit hole, but it has a lot more going for it than sunderland. They and the region could have done with this like...

This is disappointing for the north east as a whole

True, once both their TravelTaverns are full and now that Lizzy at the Roker Paradiso Bed & Breakfast had her stroke, they'd be out of hotel rooms. Any tourists coming to the region looking for culture would've had to stay at a real hotel, like the Crowne Plaza or Malmaison, spending their dosh in a real city of culture, like Newcastle.

Such a shame they didn't get it. Such an absolute shame. Well done for trying sunderland, you did us all proud *pat pat*. Now get back to your public defecation and racism, stick to what you know.