Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think we'll still go down, even if Rafa comes in. He's very good, tactically, aye, but that always takes time to get into players. He's not got the short-term motivational abilities to get this lot going as quickly as we need, IMO. Only hope is they respect him enough, off the bat, to take notice and put in the effort necessary.

Cracking appointment if it comes off, but miles too late.

His name alone will give him short term motivational abilities, something we've never had for years.

This. The buzz around the club and the fans will make an almost instant impact. Whether it will be enough to keep us up, fuck knows

I think we'll still go down, even if Rafa comes in. He's very good, tactically, aye, but that always takes time to get into players. He's not got the short-term motivational abilities to get this lot going as quickly as we need, IMO. Only hope is they respect him enough, off the bat, to take notice and put in the effort necessary.

Cracking appointment if it comes off, but miles too late.

It might well be too late but Rafa is no fool. If he can get even 10% more organisation or respect out of this lot then it might well make all the difference.

His CV is great but fans of Inter, Napoli, Chelsea and Real Madrid seem to hate him. Napoli fans especially.

Better than we've appointed in a long time, mind.

They hated him because they expected to win, ( well Chelsea fans hated him because they are bellends) we on the other hand are not afforded such luxuries and haven't been since Ashley took over so i don't think it's fair to compare.

This. The buzz around the club and the fans will make an almost instant impact. Whether it will be enough to keep us up, f*** knows

Win one more game than both the mackems and Norwich and we're safe, it's not like either are doing well.  The mackems think we have a shite defence, we've let in less goals than they have so our defence is no more a problem than their defence.  Our players are not motivated, that will change and the atmosphere for the derby will make a massive difference to that result.