Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

When we were linked on Wednesday I pulled out Bellamy's book to re-read what he'd said about him. I think the players will hate him, like. He'll get them winning games if they listen to him, though.

Guest antz1uk

Makes you wonder why they didn't go for him in the first place.

Guillem explains: “On at least on two occasions conversations have taken place between Benitez and Newcastle, including just before he went to Real Madrid last year, but also well before that as well"

This is arguably the biggest period since KK rescued us. If he keeps us up there could be genuine change around the place. Stoked

It has that feeling of 'rightness' about it, like we finally have a manager that is of the appropriate quality for what we should be trying to do. So many hurdles still to get over, wish we had just another win or two.

Should impulse buy a flight out for the Derby.

It's so tempting. The atmosphere is going to be incredible. It's my wife's birthday next weekend. Probably a terrible idea.  :lol:

$3,500 to get myself from Atlanta (where I'll be for work on Friday) to Newcastle by way of Detroit, Amsterdam. Would land in Newcastle in the morning, assume I'd drink all day and go nuts. Next day is the match. Fly out Monday morning. Too f***ing expensive :lol:

Did not count hotel, food, drinking, tickets. Nee chance this is happening. But was fun to look it up.

If you do it I'll throw in your match ticket for free.

Brilliant offer.

Just realized I have to be in Denver on Sunday for a work trip. Nee chance now; even priced out the flight for $1800 and could use my Delta miles to cover it. Nooooo.

f*** work, you're too important to sack anyway. Get on that plane!

:thup: this trip will wait. hopefully for far cheaper. But hopefully we stay up, me thinks next season the trip will be time, once and for all.

I was only a kid when Keegan (first time) and Bobby were appointed, so can't compare, but this appointment has just united everyone in and out the club, and has lifted the mood unbelievably, that should be underestimated for our run in.

Nah nee chance we have got Rafa like. Something terrible must be about to happen.

probably get relegated and steven taylor named player manager for next season while ashley states he will never sell the club ever

When we were linked on Wednesday I pulled out Bellamy's book to re-read what he'd said about him. I think the players will hate him, like. He'll get them winning games if they listen to him, though.

What did he say about him?

Bellamy is the exact kind of character, who you'd expect to clash with......... well anyone.  But despite what you read about how detailed Benitez is and how his football is a bit boring.  It seems a lot of his former players are speaking highly of him.