Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Well this has certainly reinstalled some faith in my belief that Newcastle United is, and for a long time will be, considered a big club. The mackems and Norwich will hate this fact and actually if the vile hadn't twisted earlier in the game then they may have been able to attract him also.

The most important thing here is motivation and for someone in the stands this will greatly motivate me. I suspect he will sufficiently motivate key players like Sissoko once again and we will progress.

With everything pointing in the right direction come May, I hope the board realise that all along the fans were to be listened to. Pardew will potentially be sacked at Palace and Carver and McClaren will be jobless. Newcastle on the up and the rest of England bitter as f*** because actually...We, the fans, were right. Fingers crossed!

I'm delighted and annoyed! I'd finally decided to just not give a toss, wasnt gonna go to anymore of the remaining games and chuck my season ticket.

Now we have Rafa Benitez as our manager!!! Actually hard to believe.

And the cycle of hope continues! Great to feel good about the club again.

See, now this shit has me thinking things like "Maybe he would stay with us even if we go down, make sure we come back up, and make us stable and decent." The kind of unreasonable shit hope makes you think. Fuck off, hope.

The former Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Valencia boss takes over with the Magpies a point from safety with 10 games left.

This sentence is insane :lol:

The fact that he has done so well, winning numerous cups, makes me feel confident that although he may not have the reputation at being a motivator, he at least knows how to prepare and plan for one-off games. That alone will be light-years ahead of where we were with Steve.

Proof that Newcastle United can still attract the elite in the world of football. Spare me the "but the money lolz" bollocks. This ain't exactly some nondescript club in some no-mark league paying him wads of cash. Mike Ashley simply HAS to wake up and realize that he owns a massive club and should start running it accordingly.

Probably the best appointment that was even remotely possible to make and we've done it. I'm still a bit in shock that they've pulled it off, just wish we'd done it 10 games earlier when the situation was just as bleak as it is now. Odd to look at the dugout and see someone who knows exactly what they're doing, having confidence in the bloke in charge is an emotion I'd forgotten I even had...

Proof that Newcastle United can still attract the elite in the world of football. Spare me the "but the money lolz" bollocks. This ain't exactly some nondescript club in some no-mark league paying him wads of cash. Mike Ashley simply HAS to wake up and realize that he owns a massive club and should start running it accordingly.

Also 4m a year isn't really a lot in the grand scheme of things for top managers, not like we massively overpaid compared to what he would usually be paid.

Pretty sure Moyes was on something similar at Everton, money clearly has nothing to do with it. Just seems like a lot because we have refused to pay the going rate for who ever we wanted.