Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

??? Aye, it did. I'm not going to lie, man. No idea if it's true, just passing it on.

I know it did, that's why I agreed with you.

What's laying local roots supposed to imply? Besides the obvious.

??? Aye, it did. I'm not going to lie, man. No idea if it's true, just passing it on.

Just the obvious. He wants to stay. I'm not being anything but obvious, as is my wont.

Hot Geordie love nest.

Hot Geordie love nest.

Those are pretty cool like.

I am now confident that Rafa is going to stay, even if we go down (please let me be right).

My massively increased confidence has come from an article in the Chronicle saying that Marveaux and Obertan have been released and that this has been done before the end of the season.

My reasoning is that if you were a club that didn't know what league you were going to be in next season and were unsure who your manager was going to be you would not be allowing players that you might need leave.  Yes Obertan & Marveaux are not Premier League quality players, but they'd be perfectly useful in the Championship.  Additionally, it would be a bastard of a current manager who would let such players go before the end of the season when he had no plans to stay and the club might need those players the next season due to relegation, and I am confident that Rafa is not a bastard.

Based on all this I think Rafa has told the club that regardless of what happens he is staying and that regardless of what happens Marveaux and Obertan are not going to be required.  (PLEASE LET ME BE RIGHT!!!!!)

I am now confident that Rafa is going to stay, even if we go down (please let me be right).

My massively increased confidence has come from an article in the Chronicle saying that Marveaux and Obertan have been released and that this has been done before the end of the season.

My reasoning is that if you were a club that didn't know what league you were going to be in next season and were unsure who your manager was going to be you would not be allowing players that you might need leave.  Yes Obertan & Marveaux are not Premier League quality players, but they'd be perfectly useful in the Championship.  Additionally, it would be a bastard of a current manager who would let such players go before the end of the season when he had no plans to stay and the club might need those players the next season due to relegation, and I am confident that Rafa is not a bastard.

Based on all this I think Rafa has told the club that regardless of what happens he is staying and that regardless of what happens Marveaux and Obertan are not going to be required.  (PLEASE LET ME BE RIGHT!!!!!)

Or sheading the wage bill before the unthinkable?

The point is that at this stage their contracts are going to be paid in full. It would be wise for the club to keep their contracts going until the end of June/July when their contracts out to see who liked to stay and who likely to leave if we go down, then at that stage they have a better view on if they may need them for the squad and be able to negotiate a new contract with them. The fact that they have been released instead suggest that either A: Rafa has said he'll stay and they won't be in his plans. B: They know who will be wanting out and know they won't need them. C: They have identified targets to bring in as replacements. The club are not proactive enough for C to be the case, players won't mention their intentions until they know what league they will be in and if they will have better offers which rules out B, so that leaves A.

The point is that at this stage their contracts are going to be paid in full. It would be wise for the club to keep their contracts going until the end of June/July when their contracts out to see who liked to stay and who likely to leave if we go down, then at that stage they have a better view on if they may need them for the squad and be able to negotiate a new contract with them. The fact that they have been released instead suggest that either A: Rafa has said he'll stay and they won't be in his plans. B: They know who will be wanting out and know they won't need them. C: They have identified targets to bring in as replacements. The club are not proactive enough for C to be the case, players won't mention their intentions until they know what league they will be in and if they will have better offers which rules out B, so that leaves A.

I think it's a good sign that some talks about Rafa staying on even if we get relegated. It comes across like he's having a say now about long term plans.

Tiote interview on SSN just now, saying the players 'never imagined' a top manager like Benitez could be at Newcastle, after being at top clubs like Real Madrid and Liverpool.

Says it all.

Tiote interview on SSN just now, saying the players 'never imagined' a top manager like Benitez could be at Newcastle, after being at top clubs like Real Madrid and Liverpool.

Says it all.

Little old Newcastle. So lucky to even be in with the likes of palace and Swansea.