Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/rafa-benitez-considering-longer-stay-160426336.html

Rafa Benitez will decide over the next few days whether or not to pledge his immediate future to getting Newcastle straight back into the Premier League – and it’s magnificent army of fans will certainly be one of the major factors influencing his decision.

I was told on social media recently that he could expect his name to be chanted for 90 minutes non-stop during the club’s final match of the season against Tottenham at the weekend as the crowd tries to play its part in persuading the Sapniard to stay at the club.

If that happens, knowing him as I do, I am absolutely convinced that it will have a major bearing on his decision.

And apart from the obvious fact that everyone likes to be where they feel wanted, there are a number of other solid reasons why Rafa would be wise to throw his hat in with the club.

And he is seriously considering staying.

Words of Guillem Balague.

Don't believe it, can't even spell Spaniard.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/rafa-benitez-considering-longer-stay-160426336.html

Rafa Benitez will decide over the next few days whether or not to pledge his immediate future to getting Newcastle straight back into the Premier League – and it’s magnificent army of fans will certainly be one of the major factors influencing his decision.

I was told on social media recently that he could expect his name to be chanted for 90 minutes non-stop during the club’s final match of the season against Tottenham at the weekend as the crowd tries to play its part in persuading the Sapniard to stay at the club.

If that happens, knowing him as I do, I am absolutely convinced that it will have a major bearing on his decision.

And apart from the obvious fact that everyone likes to be where they feel wanted, there are a number of other solid reasons why Rafa would be wise to throw his hat in with the club.

And he is seriously considering staying.

Words of Guillem Balague.

Don't believe it, can't even spell Spaniard.

It seems the art of proofreading in football journalism is well and truly dead.

Wouldn't be surprised if that stuff about talks today is entirely fabricated. What is there to talk about? If he wants to stay, why would anything they've already agreed change? And that's why he'll leave regardless, when they f*** him over or offer a massive wage cut.

caulkin was asked this, said his info didn't come from the clubs end, came from rafa's. So unless he's in their pocket, which i doubt, it suggests talks took place.

Fair enough. :thup:

Doesn't change my point about them fucking him over though. They've got plenty of previous.

Wouldn't be surprised if that stuff about talks today is entirely fabricated. What is there to talk about? If he wants to stay, why would anything they've already agreed change? And that's why he'll leave regardless, when they f*** him over or offer a massive wage cut.

caulkin was asked this, said his info didn't come from the clubs end, came from rafa's. So unless he's in their pocket, which i doubt, it suggests talks took place.

Fair enough. :thup:

Doesn't change my point about them f***ing him over though. They've got plenty of previous.

Yep, that's the big worry.

I think it's maybe 50/50 if he stays.

The fact that the fans really like will help - obviously its human nature to be wanted.

Ashley needs to give him full control, with a Premier league wage, cash for transfers.

If we get promoted next year - its all good. But if we don't get out the first year we could struggle.

I'm holding on to the fact that he came here surely in the knowledge that there was a strong possibility of us being relegated. If he didn't plan on sticking around he mightn't have taken the job on the first place.

I'm holding on to the fact that he came here surely in the knowledge that there was a strong possibility of us being relegated. If he didn't plan on sticking around he mightn't have taken the job on the first place.

Fair point, although on the other hand the release clause was made pretty public early on.

Fair point, although on the other hand the release clause was made pretty public early on.

I'm just clutching, mate. Need a tiny spec of light after all.

If we survived then the club would have had to give full control to him on transfers in anyway. If they deliver what they promised to him in the first place then hopefully he'll stay.

That's what I was saying the other day - seems there's not much to it other than Rafa deciding if it's worth the bother.

I'm mostly worried about them being cuntish and going back on their word.

That's what I was saying the other day - seems there's not much to it other than Rafa deciding if it's worth the bother.

Do you genuinely believe we won't ask him to take a wage cut?

Don't really know, obviously anything is possible under this regime.

He'll be on what, 2 million a year?  He's our best chance at coming straight up, that's peanuts compared to the money we'll get if we're promoted.

But it's Charnley, so probably.

If they do then they deserve us all to stop supporting them.  What we'd save from him taking a pay cut is insignificant.  His wage will be a few percent of our total wage bill, yet his worth is immeasurable.