Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Next season could be very enjoyable, and it will help reignite the fans, the clubs and the players love for football. I feel more positive about the club, than i have for years, and we only went down last week  :lol:

Must be heart breaking for Rafa, the level of transfer targets he would be looking at now. Compared to 12 months ago  :lol:

Imagine the caliber of player we'll be able to attract with Rafa, even in the Championship. Compare that with the type of player we'd be able to attract in the Championship under McClaren, or Nigel Pearson, or Neil Warnock. :lol:

We'll be able to attract a lot of the players who are already here for a start. I know we've been calling them worse than shit for the past 12 months, but a lot of them just needed direction and for their abilities to be put to the best use. Townsend, Lascelles, Mbemba, Anita, Tiote to name just a few. Aarons playing as a winger rather than a left back wasn't exactly a masterstroke tbh, but it was still pretty welcome.

:thup:

How long does a relegation clause last/how does it work?

If he doesn't sign a new contract, assuming he got what guarantees he was after when initially signing, and someone come along for him in say November and we want him to stay can he go "but a-ha! relegation clause!" Not saying that's how he'd go but is it important we get rid of the clause?

If he doesn't sign a new contract, assuming he got what guarantees he was after when initially signing, and someone come along for him in say November and we want him to stay can he go "but a-ha! relegation clause!" Not saying that's how he'd go but is it important we get rid of the clause?

I'd guess that's why there is a delay in announcing it - a new contract will be written up.

I'd guess that's why there is a delay in announcing it - a new contract will be written up.

If he's hiring/firing players and staff there has to be a new contract signed very soon. Makes no sense otherwise.

this all appears to be going too well, somethings going to go wrong, something always goes wrong

:lol: Pretty sure WW3 is gonna start before next season.

Our inevitable new owner will sort us out...

giphy.gif

Even with nothing signed and announced, he's still working away like it has been.. doesn't seem like nufc, this whole professional approach.

Before it would have been a case of.. "we might all meet up to discuss, when we're going to meet up to discuss when we meet up to discuss our transfer objectives"

this all appears to be going too well, somethings going to go wrong, something always goes wrong

:lol: Pretty sure WW3 is gonna start before next season.

Our inevitable new owner will sort us out...

giphy.gif

The imperious arrogance of Brian Clough mated with the supple grace of Sam Allardyce, and the imposing football knowledge of John Carver.

So he's apparently verbally agreed to stay, yet neither the club nor Rafa, has actually said anything?  The media keep mentioning how we're still 'vulnerable' to other clubs coming in for him.......  Well yeah.  I guess if he doesn't actually sign anything and another club decide they want him.  He may well leave.  Pretty obvious, no?

It all seems a bit odd.  Supposedly looking at transfer targets, has said he's staying on.  But he hasn't signed a contract?! 

I'm not getting my hopes up.  f*** all has happened as of yet.  Preparing myself for the worst, so that if he does stay, I'll see it as a bonus.

Would they not be getting rid of that clause and getting a new one written up?  A different one, stating he has full control and that lists out what they have agreed.  I highly doubt they're just going to leave him on the old one. 

That Craig Hope was spot on with the Rafa news a while back.  So that's something to be positive about, I guess.

I reckon he'll sign a new contract which says he can leave if we don't go up at the first attempt.

Agree, Also reckon there might be something in there about the option to be allowed to talk to clubs in the Top Tier of their leagues if they come a knocking..... and a pack of 5 white dunlop trainer socks

Out of interest, I know players are "trapped" by a contract as club holds their registration but if a manager quits, does he have to pay out his contract or anything?

There's generally compensation due to the club. Traditionally the manager's new club pays this, presumably agreed as a formality in their contract talks with the manager.

Out of interest, I know players are "trapped" by a contract as club holds their registration but if a manager quits, does he have to pay out his contract or anything?

There's generally compensation due to the club. Traditionally the manager's new club pays this, presumably agreed as a formality in their contract talks with the manager.

That's what happened with Pardew.  Palace paid us compensation because he was under contract to us.