Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I hope it isn't going to be a case of us hearing nothing and just plodding along hoping that no one comes in for Rafa, a statement from the club or Rafa or even better a new contract would give everyone a huge lift. Never felt like this about NUFC for years to be honest, gone from wanting us down last year and not having been to a game in a couple of years to looking at getting a season ticket again. Rafa is the man to build the club again, if it falls through I'm done for good.

So he's apparently verbally agreed to stay, yet neither the club nor Rafa, has actually said anything?  The media keep mentioning how we're still 'vulnerable' to other clubs coming in for him.......  Well yeah.  I guess if he doesn't actually sign anything and another club decide they want him.  He may well leave.  Pretty obvious, no?

It all seems a bit odd.  Supposedly looking at transfer targets, has said he's staying on.  But he hasn't signed a contract?! 

I'm not getting my hopes up.  f*** all has happened as of yet.  Preparing myself for the worst, so that if he does stay, I'll see it as a bonus.

Doesn't seem too unusual to me. I don't know how it works in football, specifically, but in general business the parties would have reached their terms then sent them to the lawyers to draft up. Then that could go through a couple of revisions. The process could take several days. I have no idea if that's what's actually happening here, but it would be a reasonable enough guess. Obviously, though, I'll continue to believe the Chuckle Brothers will fuck it up until pen is set to paper.

It does sound alarmingly like the way we often lose potential targets though

This is what we will offer

OK I'll take that away and let it simmer for a few days to see if it drives anyone else out the woodwork

Then either, no it hasn't I will sign or sorry got a better offer

They've talked, everyone's happy, Rafa's pressing on with plans for next season and they're waiting for everything to be signed before going public. The only thing that will stop it now is an offer from another club that Rafa can't refuse.

Guest antz1uk

Everton need a PFM, not some footballing ponce like Rafa

What does PFM stand for?

Footballing dinosaur ala redknapp/allardyce/pearson

What does PFM stand for?

Proper football man - someone who has fight and pashun that will lead everyone on to victory the English way

Proper football man - someone who has fight and Pashtun that will lead everyone on to victory the English way

More like lead them right up the Khyber Pass amarite?  ;)

:lol:

What does PFM stand for?

Proper football man - someone who has fight and Pashtun that will lead everyone on to victory the English way

p14256_af.jpg

'Allardyce akbah!'

The Mail are usually pretty good with transfer stuff I think. Its the rest of the stuff they publish that you shouldn't read

Depends on the writer for me, Hope seems to know what he's talking about for the most part.

Presume he has decent contacts at the club having worked there writing for the website previously.

Guest neesy111

The Mail are usually pretty good with transfer stuff I think. Its the rest of the stuff they publish that you shouldn't read

Depends on the writer for me, Hope seems to know what he's talking about for the most part.

He was spot on about McClaren.