Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I fall in love with the man more and more each and every day since he became or manager back in march ! And every few weeks I come on this thread just to let everyone know how much I love him  he has rekindled my love of football and with this club again I honestly feel like a ten year old again, I get excited on match day, I let the outcome of the match effect my week/weekend/life.... This may very well end in tears as we have become a custom to here,  or it might not  ! Either way I'm gonna enjoy each and every moment of it while it lasts !!!! Thank you Rafa I love you  :smitten:

:thup:

The buzz around the club and the city is incredible. Counting down the days to the next match as soon as the previous one has finished. Absolute opposite of when Pardew/Carver/McClaren were here and I couldn't give a flying f*** about the game. Long may it continue :aww:

:thup:

The buzz around the club and the city is incredible. Counting down the days to the next match as soon as the previous one has finished. Absolute opposite of when Pardew/Carver/McClaren were here and I couldn't give a flying f*** about the game. Long may it continue :aww:

This is what our club is about once we get momentum and not one person outside of our club understands it.

It's not about being the greatest club, it's about hope and the hope that we will give it a go in every match.

Rafa wants to win every game even if only 1-0 and he plays the media perfectly. Yes this may be "lower league" but if he is allowed to continue controlling it and backed by the club we won't be in the Makems position of fighting for 17th.

It will be hard for him to get us in the top 6 in Premier League with the teams there, but he will build us into a professional, balanced squad for the first time in a long time and hopefully put foundations in place to lift this club further.

If not this season within 3 years we will get to a cup final.

I firmly believe a Rafa managed Newcastle in the PL is capable of being in and around the top 7-8 provided he is backed in the transfer market.

Pardew finished 5th once. I appreciate the PL now is a little stronger with all the top managers as compared with 5 years ago, but of course Rafa can get us top 8. If Ranieri can win the league last year with Leicester's squad, we can finish top 6 easily within 3 years. The question is can we finish top four? We'll be good enough in 3 years' time to be top 4, the problem will be that there'll be 7 teams good enough for top 4. Someone has to finish there and someone has to miss out. Why not us finishing there once or twice?

Next year i'd expect top 14, year after top 8, year after to be one of the teams that's in the so-called top 7 league.

I'm not asking for anything; that is what I expect will happen. Rafa's a world class manager: players will want to come play for him and he'll be effective in making us better than the sum of our parts. It's no different to SBR's reign in that respect and I can imagine a similar trajectory for the team..

What's unrealistic about what I said? Next season, Rafa's NUFC finish above 3 relegated PL teams, and crap like Pulis' West Brom, Yank's Swansea and Whoever's Watford (throw in Howe's Bournemouth for a 13th place finish). That's not a stretch in my book

I'm not asking for anything; that is what I expect will happen. Rafa's a world class manager: players will want to come play for him and he'll be effective in making us better than the sum of our parts. It's no different to SBR's reign in that respect and I can imagine a similar trajectory for the team..

What's unrealistic about what I said? Next season, Rafa's NUFC finish above 3 relegated PL teams, and crap like Pulis' West Brom, Yank's Swansea and Whoever's Watford (throw in Howe's Bournemouth for a 13th place finish). That's not a stretch in my book

Yeah but if Leicester can win the league then surely Swansea can ?

If they stay up Swansea will have more chance of winning the PL than Portsmouth next year - gotta be in it to win it! Ultimately this is a question of likelihood: what's more likely, a Benitez team finishes above the crap I mentioned or the crap manages to scrape together sufficient points to finish above us?

Time will tell

If they stay up Swansea will have more chance of winning the PL than Portsmouth next year - gotta be in it to win it! Ultimately this is a question of likelihood: what's more likely, a Benitez team finishes above the crap I mentioned or the crap manages to scrape together sufficient points to finish above us?

Time will tell

As likely say as Leicester winning the league last season ? That was your point after all.

Time will tell

As likely say as Leicester winning the league last season ? That was your point after all.

This is a bit dumb. Just because something is unlikely, doesn't mean it can't happen at all. More often than not more likely events occur. Why are we debating this; are you seriously saying you think top 14 next year is likely beyond us? When we do comfortably finish top 14 I won't remind you of this conversation

FWIW I really do like the bloke. He's honest and he's made my club a club again, I couldn't see anyone else having the strength to do that. If he hadn't stayed last season could well have been my last regardless of relegation or staying up. I disagree with his tactics at times normally when he's too cautious IMO (at this level) but it's like when you get angry at the wife for watching This morning on ITV.

Time will tell

This is a bit dumb. Just because something is unlikely, doesn't mean it can't happen at all. More often than not more likely events occur. Why are we debating this; are you seriously saying you think top 14 next year is likely beyond us? When we do comfortably finish top 14 I won't remind you of this conversation

It's not beyond us but the Leicseter example is getting overused. Could happen but right now it's a bit daft to even think of.

Time will tell

It's not beyond us but the Leicseter example is getting overused. Could happen but right now it's a bit daft to even think of.

The Leicester example? I didn't say we'd win the league, I said we'd finish 14th next year! My point wasn't so much Leicester as Ranieri; generally a good manager will make more of his team and resources than a poor one. This can gain places in the league because there are lots of dross managers. Ranieri gained a lot of places last year and now they're reverting to the mean. We'll (more consistently) gain places with Rafa in my view. Look people are saying we're odds on to beat Hull. In effect we're good enough to be 17th in PL as it stands. With another 3 transfer windows I'd back Rafa to have us 14th next season. I'm not saying I'd boo if he didn't. It's just what I think will happen.

Some have a pop at me saying we have the biggest and best squad in this division and we should have some better performances (first 2 games, Bristol city, Rotherham)....yet some have us midtable in the prem next season ? strange days indeed.

Some are being very conservative in their estimates of how the club can do in its first season back in the PL...IF we get promotion this season.

I am not prone to looking at the possibilities through B & W glasses, but I definitely believe Rafa - if properly supported in the transfer market - can get us into the top 10 relatively easily. His experience and mentality will ensure that there will be no 'consolidation' in the first season and he will demand the same attitude from his players.

Getting into top 6 may take a while longer, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

All this depends on getting promotion this season and that - and only that - should be what we are focussed on. Rafa will have the players in that frame of mind but he WILL have a plan to carry forward IF we achieve that....on the downside, he may also have one to action if we fail...!