Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I know I'm biased being a lifelong fan of this club, but I think we could be onto something genuinely special again.

Ferguson - Manchester United

Keegan - Newcastle United

Bobby - Newcastle United

Have there ever been other managers of clubs who have been elevated so beyond the players in the teams that they get supported to the hilt by the fans? It completely wipes out the notion of 'player-power', because the players know the fans are always on the side of the manager so you better do right by both.

Let alone the fact that Benitez is unarguably a top-drawer manager, that level of unequivocal support from the fans seems to be bringing out the best in so many of what I would think are our ego-centric players like Mitrovic and Shelvey. How can they have a strop against the man that all the fans adore and chant his name at every opportunity? A spat with the manager is a slight against the whole city.

We had a some good times under Bobby, some great times under Keegan. I don't know when we're going to get the chance to be this happy as Newcastle United fans again, we've got to keep Rafa at all costs. We're at the beginning of another upward shift in the bipolar nature of what it means to be a Newcastle fan and I intend to enjoy these times to the full.

I do worry though, that at the end of the season, whatever happens, there's a chance he might end up elsewhere - Spanish national side, Man Utd? Please stay, Rafa.

I know I'm biased being a lifelong fan of this club, but I think we could be onto something genuinely special again.

Ferguson - Manchester United

Keegan - Newcastle United

Bobby - Newcastle United

Have there ever been other managers of clubs who have been elevated so beyond the players in the teams that they get supported to the hilt by the fans? It completely wipes out the notion of 'player-power', because the players know the fans are always on the side of the manager so you better do right by both.

Let alone the fact that Benitez is unarguably a top-drawer manager, that level of unequivocal support from the fans seems to be bringing out the best in so many of what I would think are our ego-centric players like Mitrovic and Shelvey. How can they have a strop against the man that all the fans adore and chant his name at every opportunity? A spat with the manager is a slight against the whole city.

We had a some good times under Bobby, some great times under Keegan. I don't know when we're going to get the chance to be this happy as Newcastle United fans again, we've got to keep Rafa at all costs. We're at the beginning of another upward shift in the bipolar nature of what it means to be a Newcastle fan and I intend to enjoy these times to the full.

I do worry though, that at the end of the season, whatever happens, there's a chance he might end up elsewhere - Spanish national side, Man Utd? Please stay, Rafa.

The Liverpool fans did adore him too for the most part which was why he stuck around there as long as he did.

Cheers for that. Always interesting to hear from players directly.

I would say that at Chelsea, what he did may have been more calculated (although I believe that everything he does is genuine), because he couldn't relate to the fan base or the community like he can with NUFC and Liverpool.

Cheers for that. Always interesting to hear from players directly.

I would say that at Chelsea, what he did may have been more calculated (although I believe that everything he does is genuine), because he couldn't relate to the fan base or the community like he can with NUFC and Liverpool.

I don't think you can interact with people in the way he does if you are not genuine.

There was a lot of hostility towards him at Chelsea so it would make more sense if he was a little distant there.

Benitez can become the only manager in United history to win 10 games on the spin in all competitions - should they beat Blackburn Rovers at St James’ Park on Saturday.

Shame it won't count because anyone could do it [/madras]

Benitez can become the only manager in United history to win 10 games on the spin in all competitions - should they beat Blackburn Rovers at St James’ Park on Saturday.

Did we lose a cup game during Keegan's run ?

Drew with Mansfield & Boro in the Lge Cup. Probably a couple of Anglo-Italian Cup faux pas's too.

So we've moved from NUFC managers setting winless records, to one setting record wins. It's a lower division, but it's a welcome change.

Did we lose a cup game during Keegan's run ?

Drew with Mansfield & Boro in the Lge Cup. Probably a couple of Anglo-Italian Cup faux pas's too.

Cheers :thup: