Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Pardew was the worst, but for reasons beyond his managerial skills. He was a 3/10 manager, but that was alongside his personal foibles as a person, which were so damaging for the club.

Kinnear and Carver were 1/10-ers; just utterly clueless, and although they were both morons and losers, their personalities didn't enable them to have the damaging effect Pardew did.

Pardew let Ashley be Ashley. Encouraged it, even. And resented the fans in the meantime, even before they kicked off with him. That's why he's the fucking devil.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew was the worst, but for reasons beyond his managerial skills. He was a 3/10 manager, but that was alongside his personal foibles as a person, which were so damaging for the club.

Kinnear and Carver were 1/10-ers; just utterly clueless, and although they were both morons and losers, their personalities didn't enable them to have the damaging effect Pardew did.

Pardew let Ashley be Ashley. Encouraged it, even. That's why he's the f***ing devil.

Exactly!

I know Kinnear was the biggest joke appointment ever (twice ffs) but I still preferred him as our manager to Pardew. At least everyone knew he was a dinosaur pisshead and there wasn't this false narrative that we were somehow privileged to have the services of England's future mastermind manager. The tactical silver haired cunt extraordinaire.

The last page or so seems so cathartic. Reliving the pain of Pardew, Kinnear, Carver. It sounds like a round table of battered wives reliving their tales, "and then this one time, he put me in the closet and made me sing Guantanamela!"

The pain is shared, dear friends. Remember when Carver said Janmaat got himself sent off on purpose? And then threatened fans? :lol:

While it would be lovely for someone to pile loads of money into us I don't think it's exactly super negative for us to spend what the club makes from TV and sales. Any further investment remember Ashley would chalk down as debt he'd expect anyone buying the club to pay off. We know he's no philanthropist, this is about the best we could hope for, and if the figures are ok for Rafa they are ok for me.

he's got me like a kid again, not wanting to wait for the PL fixtures to come out  :smitten:

the feel of the big league, sure we will get fucked a few times but that big match feeling will be back, i just know it will be a biggy away to start  :cool:

If anybody isn't happy now then they probably never will be.

Happy? Really? :lol:

Amazing what words can do.

We've just won the league with Rafa in the dugout, it ain't just words.

There's definitely an element of our support that won't be happy until a Russian oligarch is buying us meaningless trophies.

We've got one of the best managers that we've ever had and he's trying to build something at our club, words don't come into it.

There's definitely an element of our support that won't be happy until a Russian oligarch is buying us meaningless trophies.

I wasn't taking into consideration what happened pre the comments. Let's face it, most people on here have spent the season moaning rather than celebrating our season. (I'm not saying it was justifiable.)

No need for a Russian oligarch, Ashley fucking off would be more than enough. However, I can see how this middle ground thinking is a little bit too difficult for you.

We've got one of the best managers that we've ever had and he's trying to build something at our club, words don't come into it.

Optimistic (with caution), yes. Happy? Not unless you're easily impressed.

Easily impressed?  :lol: I've been supporting us since I was first taken to a game by my uncle in the late 60's, we've now got one of the best managers we've had in that time.

Enjoy your misery.

I wasn't taking into consideration what happened pre the comments. Let's face it, most people on here have spent the season moaning rather than celebrating our season. (I'm not saying it was justifiable.)

No need for a Russian oligarch, Ashley f***ing off would be more than enough. However, I can see how this middle ground thinking is a little bit too difficult for you.

I personally haven't though, don't generalise. Also the reason I'm happy and positive is because Rafa is staying and I personally didn't think he would.

If he did leave it would have ended any chance of any sort of positive future where as with Rafa it might actually be achieveable.

Enjoy your misery.

Enjoy your misery.

Clearly, from my past couple of posts, I'm looking forward to our tenure with Rafa with optimism.

It's the likes of you that give football fans the "fickle" label.

Easily impressed?  :lol: I've been supporting us since I was first taken to a game by my uncle in the late 60's, we've now got one of the best managers we've had in that time.

Yes, and? Ashley is still here, no?

Or have you already forgotten what he was he's like?

Embarrassing, to be honest.  Just fickle and conformists.

Absolutely ridiculous that people are chastised for being cautious while we're still owned by Mike Ashley. We're desperate to fall for the same shit over and over.

In response to being chastised for being happy during one of the peak periods of the vast majority of people's support.

Absolutely ridiculous that people are chastised for being cautious while we're still owned by Mike Ashley. We're desperate to fall for the same shit over and over.

In response to being chastised for being happy during one of the peak periods of the vast majority of people's support.

Because we were promoted? And? It's the least we should expect. And we certainly were happy. But so what? That's gone now.

So, effectively it's about what Ashley and co have told Benitez.

Enjoy your misery.

Clearly, from my past couple of posts, I'm looking forward to our tenure with Rafa with optimism.

It's the likes of you that give football fans the "fickle" label.

You're mean.