Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Just seems like little has changed since our last spell in the Premier League in the way in which the club is run.

Ashley looks at the league and the amounts of money being spent and simply thinks the level of investment needed to break into the Champions League is well beyond us. Qualifying for the Europa league isn't really worth the financial benefits. Anything else is relatively insignicant in terms of say finishing 7th or 17th.

The only true financial reward is simply staying in the top flight, so spend the minimal amount in order to do this. We did it before and got stung, but even so I really feel he'll try it again to maximise his investment.

As soon as this is proven beyond doubt, Rafa will follow Keegan's example and walk. Yes the above can be considered knee-jerk given the time left in the transfer window, but it just feels eerily similar to what we've seen before.

Ill give it until the transfer window closes and ill see what we are left with.  Its smells a little off and the same old same old appears to be happening but they also say very little.  I'm hoping something in is happening in the background where the club is in the process of being sold  :undecided:

Ill give it until the transfer window closes and ill see what we are left with.  Its smells a little off and the same old same old appears to be happening but they also say very little.  I'm hoping something in is happening in the background where the club is in the process of being sold  :undecided:

If Rafa is prepared to stay I'll probably get on board, regardless of how the signings go objectively.

Guest chopey

There's not that much wrong TBF we've made three good signings and I'm confident we'll make more, some of the dead wood needs to go but that will happen during the last week of the window when clubs are desperate. I would have prefered us to have our best first team with new players by the Spurs game but like a lot of other teams this wont happen till September.

There's not that much wrong TBF we've made three good signings and I'm confident we'll make more, some of the dead wood needs to go but that will happen during the last week of the window when clubs are desperate. I would have prefered us to have our best first team with new players by the Spurs game but like a lot of other teams this wont happen till September.

I'm hoping this too, just hard to avoid the creeping sense of dread.

That's the case most of the time though, problem is we never do anywhere enough.

Which looks like happening again.

We've signed 2 players with virtually no experience of top level football and another who did OK in Spain. Stop exaggerating. The summer's been an abject failure so far.

Guest reefatoon

Agree with that. People can try and sugar coat it as much as they like, but so far it's been an atrocious window.

Guest chopey

We've signed 2 players with virtually no experience of top level football and another who did OK in Spain. Stop exaggerating. The summer's been an abject failure so far.

Rubbish, it's a good start, a bit slow but the majority of clubs are finding it hard to sign players

Juxtaposition of those two sentences is interesting.

Juxtaposition of those two sentences is interesting.

Was literally thinking that  :lol: :lol: