Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Caulkin reporting that someone close to Rafa has said that it's 50/50 whether he stays or goes.

Something to cling on to.

Relies on premier league then. Great.

You are telling me there is 50% chance we stay up?

I'll be gutted if he leaves, furious if he's willing to stay but Ashley refuses to give him full control.

You'd think it would be a no brainer for Fat Mike. Just hand the whole operation over to Rafa and get rid of Carr, Moncur and the other retards you've been paying to ruin your business. Give Rafa a budget and leave him to run the whole fucking show. Sadly I still doubt Ashley will want to admit how hopelessly inept he's been all these years so I could absolutely see him refusing to give Rafa what he wants.

If Rafa is offered full control and he leaves though, that'll be hard to take. Such a great opportunity to do something special and with us getting relegated he'll be able to completely dismantle the squad immediately and rebuild it the way he wants.

I know I'll be buying FM next year for just those reasons anyway. :lol:

Caulkin reporting that someone close to Rafa has said that it's 50/50 whether he stays or goes.

Something to cling on to.

Relies on premier league then. Great.

You are telling me there is 50% chance we stay up?

No :lol:

I wouldn't rule out Rafa staying - if the terms are right for him and has some sort security with it.

I think this club, even if it spends one season out of the PL, can fulfil his vision ( I think it is anyway) of making NUFC 'his' club. Knowing him, he probably fantasises about being the first NUFCmanager of modern times to win us a trophy. :pedro:

And I think some people underestimate the pull of NUFC - even under Ashley's disgraceful tenure.

If he is the kind of man we think he is and the kind of man he comes across as then I think he'll stay. He was looking for a project to build a club up long term and he saw us as the perfect fit. He thought he could keep us up but he couldn't, that will irk him. If he is the man we think he is he will want to right that wrong and if he was genuinely serious about the project at NUFC in the first place then what is one season in the championship? A mere small step backwards.

We are the perfect fit for him and long term this partnership could lead to something very special indeed. it's just the ownership that could fuck this up.

After the stick he got at Chelsea despite doing pretty f***ing well, he surely won't go through that again at a former rival

But he will be able to go home every night to his family and I would imagine that would be quite appealing.

Apparently, he leaves home at 4am in the morning on those days he is not staying in a hotel.

I'd rather be relegated and him stay then stay up and him leave. Not a second thought on it.

So much this, would take a year in the Championship (and I think it would only be 1 season) as long as Rafa was allowed full control to build the team, we would come back stronger and I believe would have a long term plan for success (of sorts - jeez winning more than we lose would be success nowadays) - this is a watershed moment in the future of NUFC......don't fuck it up again

Guest chopey

I've always thought he would go to Everton but there was an Everton fan on the radio over the weekend and he called him Rafa Beneathus

Rafa Beneathus

They were calling him that years ago cause Everton were above Liverpool in the table. Right now I'd bet they'd give their collective left nut for him.

Man what a story Rafa could make if he did stay with us  :frantic: I'll not get my hopes up because its not the Newcastle i became a fan of since ashley... Wish we could get some a4 posters printed thanking rafa and the fans to sign his name all game

Keegan and Bobby were my footballing Hero's and rightly so because of what they did for us but Rafa could even eclipse those two if he remains and builds something here.

Keegan and Bobby were my footballing Hero's and rightly so because of what they did for us but Rafa could even eclipse those two if he remains and builds something here.

Rafa remaining here and doing so would be Ashleys best option. A manager the fans respect someone experienced enough to rebuild the club from top to bottom. The money in premier league now would surely dwarfe what it would cost to have a properly run Premier League club. Rafas personal and family circumstances will remain the same whether we are relegated or otherwise and would certainly give him the project he said he wanted and Ashley would be able to fade away into the background if indeed that is what he wants.

Not expecting any logical decisions from the powers that be though.