Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

My interest in the club's fortunes is on the line. Rafa stays then I can really get behind it. Bring some fucking clown like Steve Bruce in then I'm done.

We've got to do everything possible to convince Rafa to stick with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that about Benitez considering staying is true, our only hope is that Ashley is suitably convinced that keeping him on is a cast iron guarantee of an immediate return to the Premier League and keeping us comfortably safe from another relegation in the next few years. Nobody should pretend that there's suddenly a desire to do anything other than the bare minimum.

Unfortunately, considering the ease with which we were promoted last time (and with a caretaker being paid pennies in charge) I highly doubt he'll consider Benitez and his reportedly substantial wages necessary.

They've just spunked £80m+ up the wall in a desperate attempt to throw money at a problem only to make it worse. What are the chances that they've suddenly clicked on that the manager in charge of the squad is the most important person at a football club and that is the exact area to strengthen? Surely, after 10 fucking years, they can see the value of investing in a good manager being better than buying a few good players? Surely they see it now?

If they don't then fuck the lot of them. Absolute retards who deserve everything they get. 

Keegan and Bobby were my footballing Hero's and rightly so because of what they did for us but Rafa could even eclipse those two if he remains and builds something here.

Spot on.

Goes without saying. They did great jobs here but Rafa's a level above them both.

Achievement-wise how does Rafa compare with Bobby?

Goes without saying. They did great jobs here but Rafa's a level above them both.

Achievement-wise how does Rafa compare with Bobby?

Actually forget that, I just checked  :mike:

They've just spunked £80m+ up the wall in a desperate attempt to throw money at a problem only to make it worse. What are the chances that they've suddenly clicked on that the manager in charge of the squad is the most important person at a football club and that is the exact area to strengthen? Surely, after 10 fucking years, they can see the value of investing in a good manager being better than buying a few good players? Surely they see it now?

If they don't then fuck the lot of them. Absolute retards who deserve everything they get. 

What he said.

They said on Radio Newcastle that the club are desperate for Rafa to stay but they are really worried about Everton whose interest is genuine and that Rafa is not adverse to going there.

He'll never go to Everton but it's a useful bargaining tool for Rafa to secure full control of football matters at Newcastle.

They said on Radio Newcastle that the club are desperate for Rafa to stay but they are really worried about Everton whose interest is genuine and that Rafa is not adverse to going there.

He'll never go to Everton but it's a useful bargaining tool for Rafa to secure full control of football matters at Newcastle.

Fair play to him for twisting the knife on Lee/Mike.*

* - if any of this is at all true :lol:

Everton is the arsehole of Liverpool and forever in their shadow, similar to the mackems with us.

Nobody is arsed about them, absolute nothing club and they do nothing but whinge 24/7.

He'll never go there, not with his Liverpool connections. The rivalry might not be huge but it'd still be a kick in the face to his beloved Liverpool fans.

Everton is the arsehole of Liverpool and forever in their shadow, similar to the mackems with us.

Nobody is arsed about them, absolute nothing club and they do nothing but whinge 24/7.

He'll never go there, not with his Liverpool connections. The rivalry might not be huge but it'd still be a kick in the face to his beloved Liverpool fans.

Champions twice in the 80's. I think they are anything but a nothing club.

They'll also be in the Premier League. I can easily see him going there. If he was prepared to go to Chelsea, he'll go to Everton.

A lot of Everton fans seem hostile to the idea and although that won't put Benitez off, let's hope it makes their Board look elsewhere.  Frank de Boer is another name touted for them but I guess could be seen as a risk compared to Rafa.

People are massively deluded about whether he'd go to Everton. He came here ffs. :lol:

He hasn't got strong connections and history with any of our rivals, tbf, that's where the Everton doubt stems.

You'd need loads of paper for that.

Would only take a few people printing 15 each,Few people with banners etc

Does he have the games press conference tomorrow? With tonight looking like the drop he should be asked tomorrow if he'll stay