Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I get the impression Ashley becomes easily manipulated by the people he puts around himself  (Toon or SD)- wormy fuckers like carr/ Pardew . telling him how good he is- but ( excluding all he does well) not that Rafa, hes not doing well enough bla bla.  Keep Rafa away from Ashley , keep telling Ashley how lush he is. 

Carr most likely plays Charley like a cheap  fiddle as well.    Carr can then influence Ashley, in his direction- which has failed the fans Massively.

Read these stories with a smile on my face, even if you lot didn't. That's the Rafa I know. All these journos were briefed by him, or someone close to him. He knows how to play this game, and he knows how to throw the pressure directly on the owner/or board. It got him sacked by Inter but he wanted that as he knew he wasn't going to get the backing he needed to succeed. But here he'll be hoping it wakes Ashley up and that when the summer comes he's willing to back him. This is the equivalent of going in hard on someone early in the game to let them know you're there. The risk being that you might get sent off.

Rafa has been criticised for bring too political an animal in the past. And there is some truth in that. It exhausted him with us, and in the final season he appeared to have lost some of the stomach for it, so when a weedy, needy little shit like Christian Purslow turned up - who Rafa would have usually swatted away - he didn't have the energy to squash him. The result was Purslow manoeuvring Hodgson into place. Fucking Roy Hodgson. Rafa meanwhile had had enough. I couldn't blame him. Hicks and Gillette were running the club into the ground and he made us all see that. It drained him though

I expect Rafa to make soothing noises to day, to try and rouse the crowd for tomorrow, and then leave it until later in the season. Ball is firmly in Ashley's court if you go up. Back him or lose him.

The consistent thing here is Carr, been here ages (through horrendous times) and clearly has the ear of his master.

He has to be one of the biggest problems, I get the impression Charnley is just doing what he is told by his Boss - heavily influenced by Carr.

I get the impression Ashley becomes easily manipulated by the people he puts around himself  (Toon or SD)- wormy fuckers like carr/ Pardew . telling him how good he is- but ( excluding all he does well) not that Rafa, hes not doing well enough bla bla.  Keep Rafa away from Ashley , keep telling Ashley how lush he is. 

Carr most likely plays Charley like a cheap  fiddle as well.    Carr can then influence Ashley, in his direction- which has failed the fans Massively.

Grima_and_Théoden.jpg

Read these stories with a smile on my face, even if you lot didn't. That's the Rafa I know. All these journos were briefed by him, or someone close to him. He knows how to play this game, and he knows how to throw the pressure directly on the owner/or board. It got him sacked by Inter but he wanted that as he knew he wasn't going to get the backing he needed to succeed. But here he'll be hoping it wakes Ashley up and that when the summer comes he's willing to back him. This is the equivalent of going in hard on someone early in the game to let them know you're there. The risk being that you might get sent off.

Rafa has been criticised for bring too political an animal in the past. And there is some truth in that. It exhausted him with us, and in the final season he appeared to have lost some of the stomach for it, so when a weedy, needy little s*** like Christian Purslow turned up - who Rafa would have usually swatted away - he didn't have the energy to squash him. The result was Purslow manoeuvring Hodgson into place. f***ing Roy Hodgson. Rafa meanwhile had had enough. I couldn't blame him. Hicks and Gillette were running the club into the ground and he made us all see that. It drained him though

I expect Rafa to make soothing noises to day, to try and rouse the crowd for tomorrow, and then leave it until later in the season. Ball is firmly in Ashley's court if you go up. Back him or lose him.

Cheers for this mate - I feel a little bit hopeful now so I'll hate you when he leaves tomorrow night!

When the majority of fans wanted Pardew out, there were still some who backed Pardew saying he couldn't do much with his hands tied behind his back.

Now, the majority of fans are backing Rafa. I don't know anyone who would have a problem with Rafa as the manager. The only thing that would split fans is if the team begin to slide and decline and people start saying Rafa just ain't good enough.

Genuinely, the team needs to stay in the top 2 to keep the fans together and hope that if Rafa does walk away, the majority of fans will walk away with him and leave Mike Ashley's Newcastle United clearly deserted.

Quite a bit of irony really.  72 year old Carr whispering sweet nothings into Mike's ear about signings over the age of 25 not being cost effective.

The potential loss of Rafa and what could have been an elevating return to the better half of the premier league as well as European football, not to mention the world class links he has could lose the club tens if not hundreds of millions of pounds of income in the long term.

Can see it now in 15 years time when Carr's in the dementia home and Ashley's calling in with his monthly copy of Razzle, bragging over making a few quid off Joe Blogg's son.  Mugs man.  Obviously something profitable will be going on behind the hidden scenes to not realise the footballing potential.

Martin Hardy:

Ashley, however, has insisted the club return to the policy of signing young players on the recommendation of Carr, who significantly sat with the owner for the FA Cup tie between Birmingham and Newcastle.

Which got us relegated twice, once because of Dennis Wise recommending players and then Carr, topped off by having utterly useless managers. 

Now we have a fantastic manager in Rafa Benitez and still Ashley is too thick as mince to see what's best for the club.

Rafa has been criticised for bring too political an animal in the past. And there is some truth in that. It exhausted him with us, and in the final season he appeared to have lost some of the stomach for it, so when a weedy, needy little s*** like Christian Purslow turned up - who Rafa would have usually swatted away - he didn't have the energy to squash him. The result was Purslow manoeuvring Hodgson into place. f***ing Roy Hodgson. Rafa meanwhile had had enough. I couldn't blame him. Hicks and Gillette were running the club into the ground and he made us all see that. It drained him though

Roy Hodgson ... now there's a name for you.

Guest firetotheworks

Fair play to you for all discussing it like, I absolutely can't be arsed anymore. There are no lengths to which Ashley and his goon squad will not manage to deliberately fuck up a good thing.

It's the lack of honesty and communication though. If they didn't want to spend or only within certain parameters then why not communicate that to Rafa.  Rafa obviously expected signings and had been discussing them for several weeks with Charnley.  He was still expecting something to happen on deadline day.  You can say the lack of signings has made Rafa look a bit stupid and as if he had been deliberately misleading the fans.

Talksport are currently referring to past interviews with Ashley to justify what has happened but we all know the club have a history of lying and misinformation so anything Ashley says can be taken with a pitch of salt.

A pal of mine who generally isn't far away with what he says reckon Charnely is the one at risk of losing his job

Mind to give more details?  We wont trust 100% no worries but do have interest to know why.

It appears to be Charnleys inability to do his job that didn't get players over the line and Carrs meddling. Ashley being ill advised. Rafa not furious at Ashley. He's furious with his cohorts

I'm going to cling onto this now.

Fucking hell if it's a Charnley fuck up and his job is on the line then that's good news and a big fucking hurdle out the way should he go. We clearly don't have anyone at the club with any sort of transfer negotiation skills and haven't done for years.

I get the impression Ashley becomes easily manipulated by the people he puts around himself  (Toon or SD)- wormy f***ers like carr/ Pardew . telling him how good he is- but ( excluding all he does well) not that Rafa, hes not doing well enough bla bla.  Keep Rafa away from Ashley , keep telling Ashley how lush he is. 

Grima_and_Théoden.jpg

I was just thinking that  :lol:

Fucking hell if it's a Charnley fuck up and his job is on the line then that's good news and a big fucking hurdle out the way should he go. We clearly don't have anyone at the club with any sort of transfer negotiation skills and haven't done for years.

There's no way this is a Charnley fuck up.

I honestly can't grasp the mentality of some people clutching at 'Charnley this, Carr that, Pardew the other'.

The root cause of the years of misery is Mike fucking Ashley FFS.

Can't you put together the reemergence of this fucktard (see stories of 3 weeks ago) and a shameful transfer window?

The big fat cunt was nowhere to be seen in the summer and business got done, so let's not pull the Charnley card.