Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Such a big story the Mirror went with a Pixar character alongside it, rather than an actual photograph of Rafa.

Article states: Chief scout Graham Carr still wields influence, and sat next to owner Mike Ashley at the FA Cup third round tie at Birmingham in early January. Benitez is fretting over whether Carr has acted as a brake on his transfer wish list.

Why would Carr want to stop players coming in?

he's ashley's yes man, and he wants the managers job.

Such a big story the Mirror went with a Pixar character alongside it, rather than an actual photograph of Rafa.

Article states: Chief scout Graham Carr still wields influence, and sat next to owner Mike Ashley at the FA Cup third round tie at Birmingham in early January. Benitez is fretting over whether Carr has acted as a brake on his transfer wish list.

Cause he didn't pick them.

Cause he didn't pick them.

No Mondial commission.

Rafa is doing nothing more than drawing a line in the sand, there was talk of a written document in the summer guaranteeing him full control of everything football, Ashley's next move is crucial, a big win at the weekend and he will melt away for a few months a defeat and these stories will escalate.

He'll leave if they don't back him in the summer? Where's the news in that? It's always been the case that if they didn't back him in the Summer he'd be gone. It's obvious and the right thing to do. Only bottom feeders like AP stick around no matter what.

There's no more or any less likelihood he'll quit in the Summer because of them f***ing up January. It's just being sensationalised. Back him...he stays. Don't...he walks. They gave Steve SpacClaren £80 f***ing million. They had better back Rafa, like. 

If he's leaving no matter what...then that's a f***ing headline. Utterly catastrophic.

Why can't we have 5 f***ing minutes of being a normal f***ing club.

Fat man is such a f***ing cancer.

Edit: I clearly get more angry whilst writing that :lol: :blush:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We've been saying all season, up until two or three weeks ago, that it felt like the club is changing for the better. I have a modicum of hope that this is actually the case, and Ashley will relent given Rafa's gravitas.

Ashley hasn't been questioned since Keegan, and he knows how that went for him. Probably the final test we'll ever see now. We'll know once and for all if things can ever be different under his custody.

Worth remembering though that Ashley didn't sack Keegan, he simply made the position untenable (something he continued to deny until the bitter end). One would indeed hope he learnt from that, but the cynic in me feels that the only thing he'll have learnt is how to better avoid losing in a tribunal again.

Might be just me, but I actually feel more positive after reading those articles. All the local journos basically saying the same thing...back him in the summer or he's off. He's forcing their hand. Good on him!

Well yeah, it's better than snidey dickheads like Pardew and McClaren sucking Ashley off at every opportunity. Problem is this strategy didn't end up particularly productive for the club last time. :lol:

Might be just me, but I actually feel more positive after reading those articles. All the local journos basically saying the same thing...back him in the summer or he's off. He's forcing their hand. Good on him!

Well yeah, it's better than snidey dickheads like Pardew and McClaren sucking Ashley off at every opportunity. Problem is this strategy didn't end up particularly productive for the club last time. :lol:

Rafa is coming from a position of strength. The fans love him. The players seemingly all respect him. Up until recently at least (and I've had this backed up by people close to) he and Charnley have had an excellent relationship. He's showing his hand. It's up to Ashley now to stick to his promises or lose the best thing that's happened to this club in a decade.

aye

An interesting take on things:

Nah, this guy's just a c***. Ashley apologist. Burn him.

:lol:

I'm not sure whether it says more about Rafa than it does the people that ends up working for. Anyway, the tweet below sums it up more succinctly:

If Rafa goes will anyone actually still go to the games? Honestly, I cannot imagine what sort of person would still enter the stadium :lol:

Mike Ashley is an idiot. He's no doubt been hanging out in his dodgy London pubs listening to past it PFMs who are tellign him Rafa is doing a bad job, so they can all have a crack at the job.

Excellent times ahead.

Couldn't even get through a season in the championship without drama ffs.

I wont set foot inside SJP again until Ashley goes if Rafa leaves, I've only been to about 10 games this season home and away like but still.

Think a fair few would sack it off.

If Rafa goes will anyone actually still go to the games? Honestly, I cannot imagine what sort of person would still enter the stadium :lol:

Mike Ashley is an idiot. He's no doubt been hanging out in his dodgy London pubs listening to past it PFMs who are tellign him Rafa is doing a bad job, so they can all have a crack at the job.

Excellent times ahead.

People would still go if the admission price was 60 quid and a kick in the bollocks from Mike himself at the turnstiles -free shit pie at half time.