Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

Even at a top club, Rafa's regimented defensive formation is more suited to winning cup competitions to a league campaign. He would have won the title with Liverpool if he'd been prepared to go at the s*** teams a bit more. Arsenal fans would never be patient enough if he didn't win anything within the first season. I think Rafa would much prefer to stay here than go to London, our fans have watched some pretty awful football in the last couple of months but they have complete faith in him.

Rafa got 82 and 86 points with Liverpool. Arsenal haven't done that since going unbeaten.

They got 83 in 07/08.

Even at a top club, Rafa's regimented defensive formation is more suited to winning cup competitions to a league campaign. He would have won the title with Liverpool if he'd been prepared to go at the s*** teams a bit more. Arsenal fans would never be patient enough if he didn't win anything within the first season. I think Rafa would much prefer to stay here than go to London, our fans have watched some pretty awful football in the last couple of months but they have complete faith in him.

Rafa got 82 and 86 points with Liverpool. Arsenal haven't done that since going unbeaten.

If you are just going off stats, then Wenger actually won the title a few times and has been in the CL every season since he's been in charge. That might be worth more to the Arsenal board given they want to make money above honours anyway.

1-0 to the arsenal was 20 years ago now though. It's a generation ago. I don't think that would be given the time of day nowadays, unless results were pretty immediate.

They have a different mentality to our fans and for that matter, to those of Liverpool/Man U fans - they want success and their whole club ethic has always been about professionalism at every level. I remain convinced that Rafa WOULD be among those they would be interested in and if Ashley HAS changed the ground-rules, he would be interested in them too because he too is a winner and wants to create a winning club. His chances of doing that at NUFC will be virtually zero if Ashley insists on his youth profile for potential signings. Wenger has given them some attractive sides and some decent signings but they have fallen by the wayside when it comes to trophies....NUFC fans have accepted that for their club but Gunners fans and the board have not . As for immediate results, Rafa has achieved those here but the football has not always been easy on the eye. If he did the same at PL level it would be acceptable for quite a few clubs' fans.

I just hope Ashley sees sense - if not, we are likely to lose the manager.

Arsenal attacking football versus Rafa's tactics? There is no logic behind this latest rumour. Not gonna happen.

What ? You mean that Rafa despite having already asked Thierry Henry to become his assistant, for when he takes over at Arsenal after accepting the job, you mean none of that is 100% accurate...

Well i just can't believe that isn't true.

Guest palnese

It's never going to happen, but I'd love to see him give the good old 3-4-3 a shot once we're promoted.

Darlow

Mbemba

Lascelles

Clark

Yedlin

Hayden

Shelvey

Lazaar

Rithie

Gayle

Perez

or something like that.

It's never going to happen, but I'd love to see him give the good old 3-4-3 a shot once we're promoted.

Darlow

Mbemba

Lascelles

Clark

Yedlin

Hayden

Shelvey

Lazaar

Rithie

Gayle

Perez

or something like that.

Never going to happen. The whole reason we play as we are now, even though we could be easier on the eye, is preperation for next season.

Darlow

Mbemba

Lascelles

Clark

Yedlin

Hayden

Shelvey

Lazaar

Rithie

Gayle

Perez

or something like that.

Never going to happen. The whole reason we play as we are now, even though we could be easier on the eye, is preperation for next season.

I don't believe that.

Darlow

Mbemba

Lascelles

Clark

Yedlin

Hayden

Shelvey

Lazaar

Rithie

Gayle

Perez

or something like that.

I don't believe that.

I think i do, actually.

I think Rafa's days of working at the biggest clubs are done anyway, tbh. Such is the ego of the modern superstar footballer his style will be unpopular wherever he goes where he isn't the biggest person at the club. Liverpool was a partial exception to this.

Obviously it's our gain, hopefully.

Agreed.

His time at the biggest clubs are gone. At least consistently.

Darlow

Mbemba

Lascelles

Clark

Yedlin

Hayden

Shelvey

Lazaar

Rithie

Gayle

Perez

or something like that.

I don't believe that.

I think i do, actually.

Of course it's true - Rafa is the intelligent type.

Think I read that we've let in 8 goals in 16 away games. Pretty f***ing good that, if it's true.

Read some stat on Twitter that when we've had 11 men on the pitch we've only been behind for 61 minutes away in the league this season and we were only ahead for about 93 minutes in away games last year.

I thought it would take quite a big psychological shift to give us confidence away from home because of how bad we were last season ad Rafa's done it brilliantly

Think I read that we've let in 8 goals in 16 away games. Pretty f***ing good that, if it's true.

Read some stat on Twitter that when we've had 11 men on the pitch we've only been behind for 61 minutes away in the league this season and we were only ahead for about 93 minutes in away games last year.

I thought it would take quite a big psychological shift to give us confidence away from home because of how bad we were last season ad Rafa's done it brilliantly

Plus, with that stat that we've only been behind in the league with 11 men on the pitch away for 61 minutes, we were behind for over 45 minutes v Fulham on the opening day.

The fact that pundits thought we'd be better off with a clogger like Bruce :lol:

Not just pundits, some on here said just last week that Bruce and McClaren would have more points than Rafa if they were our manager