Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rafa will want a new CM. Doesn't rate Colback but Hayden isn't ready either. Don't think he trusts Anita at CM either. He hasn't played there in awhile. It's Hayden then Colback until May.

I will sleep better tonight. Been worrying for days now until you stated the obvious.

I love Rafa, but I still don't understand why he starts Colback time and again.

Perhaps it's a case of having a lack of options, but that ginger tosser continues to be a f***ing liability.

Because the board didn't back him for a central midfielder in the transfer window.

and before the transfer window ?

He's probably aimed for a bit blend and hoped he'd be ok at this level. Also he's played Hayden when fully fit more often lately with only his injury let Colback having another run in the team. Can't think of any other CM's at the club (?) Tiote he clearly wanted to offload. Saviet is possibly the only one you might've thought would've replaced him.

At this level Anita  ?

Nope I'm afraid not I think he'd struggle like Perez does centrally. Remember he was probably one of our best/most consistent players at RB also until his injury.

You jest, he'd struggle in place of Colback ?, also one of our better players on the ball. In this division playing that role he doesn't have to get about like he was asked when playing in the middle in the prem, could play Diame there.

In short I don't think 4-2-3-1 gets the best from what we have in this divison (you may have guessed), strange how Perez looked more than OK up front in a better division, drop him back, turn him towards his own goal and he;s not as good, who'd have thought ?

Sadly I've seen Colback had more successful games in CM than Anita ever has in both their time here. And for the record I really dislike Colback and really like Anita. Anita is best suited to RB so keep him there and let him learn the position further. Colback just needs replaced which Rafa knows but his hands are tied. Don't forget Anita is out for the season so although it could've been trialled it ain't happening now.

What constitutes a successful game in CM for someone like Colback or Anita bearing in mind they are usually played as the holding midfielder? I've never really had a problem with Colback's safe passing because his main job for me should be screening the back four and winning the ball. But I don't see how he's equipped to do that as he has no pace whatsoever, and as a result usually ends up getting booked for late tackles or pulling his man down when he can't keep up. Anita's a far better tackler and as a result won't need to foul as persistently as Colback does.

Perhaps it's a case of having a lack of options, but that ginger tosser continues to be a f***ing liability.

Because the board didn't back him for a central midfielder in the transfer window.

He's probably aimed for a bit blend and hoped he'd be ok at this level. Also he's played Hayden when fully fit more often lately with only his injury let Colback having another run in the team. Can't think of any other CM's at the club (?) Tiote he clearly wanted to offload. Saviet is possibly the only one you might've thought would've replaced him.

At this level Anita  ?

Nope I'm afraid not I think he'd struggle like Perez does centrally. Remember he was probably one of our best/most consistent players at RB also until his injury.

You jest, he'd struggle in place of Colback ?, also one of our better players on the ball. In this division playing that role he doesn't have to get about like he was asked when playing in the middle in the prem, could play Diame there.

In short I don't think 4-2-3-1 gets the best from what we have in this divison (you may have guessed), strange how Perez looked more than OK up front in a better division, drop him back, turn him towards his own goal and he;s not as good, who'd have thought ?

Sadly I've seen Colback had more successful games in CM than Anita ever has in both their time here. And for the record I really dislike Colback and really like Anita. Anita is best suited to RB so keep him there and let him learn the position further. Colback just needs replaced which Rafa knows but his hands are tied. Don't forget Anita is out for the season so although it could've been trialled it ain't happening now.

Anita isn't out for the rest of the season for what it's worth

Guest neesy111

At this level Anita  ?

Anita isn't out for the rest of the season for what it's worth

When is he out till, I haven't heard much on his situation?

Craig Hope wrote it which is a big positive. Just hope we go up really, it is vital for the long term future of the club imo. Not going up would be disastrous as we would lose the best thing that's happened to us for ages.

I think tonight was a perfect example of why Ashley should thank his lucky stars he's got Benitez as a manager. We have lacked confidence for a while now, but decisions like sticking with Lascelles and publicly backing him are what wins you games. We played awful in the first half, but we defended well. That's down to one man only.