Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Firstly I understand and support Rafa's sticking with a long term plan regarding formations etc, however I think he has royally f***ed up his long term prospects because to implement his long term plan he needs full buy in from Ashley and to do that he needed to show short term success.

Whilst I am fully on Rafa's side, Ashley may perceive that:

1. He appears to have failed to win the league

2. He spunked significant transfer funds on a number of players that were either s*** (Sels) or rarely featured. Could have signed 1 good first team player with that.

3. Despite the noises made about not sending injury risk players onto the pitch, the fact that the club doctor allowed Aarons and Gayle onto the pitch was a f***ing travesty. Our doctor has a more CV and should not be in this role and Rafa should have been more ruthless there.

These recent results could well be the beginning of the end for Rafa, he will probably survive as manager for now, but a Graham Carr influenced 12 months beckons.

You have the memory of a goldfish, we had to buy a new keeper because we had Darlow and Woodman, Krul and Eliott were both coming back from serious injuries. 

Of the players that come in Sels has so far failed and he has still got time on his side to come good.  Add Lazaar who has so far failed but could still come good and Gamez who was brought in on a free.  Gayle has been a success, Ritchie has been a success, Clark has played better than anybody could have expected, Hayden for me has been excellent, Diame has played a lot and couldn't be seen as a success, Yedlin has done well, Murphy has come in and scored goals when needed and Atsu has done a job for us at times and Hanley likewise.  That transfer record has almost certainly allowed us to gain promotion at the first time of asking and I would say that his record is as good, if not better than the one of Carr.

Aarons came back from a foot injury and done his ankle, Gayle came back from injury and done his other hamstring, it's not as if they came back and had the same injury.

Firstly I understand and support Rafa's sticking with a long term plan regarding formations etc, however I think he has royally f***ed up his long term prospects because to implement his long term plan he needs full buy in from Ashley and to do that he needed to show short term success.

2. He spunked significant transfer funds on a number of players that were either s*** (Sels) or rarely featured. Could have signed 1 good first team player with that.

3. Despite the noises made about not sending injury risk players onto the pitch, the fact that the club doctor allowed Aarons and Gayle onto the pitch was a f***ing travesty. Our doctor has a more CV and should not be in this role and Rafa should have been more ruthless there.

These recent results could well be the beginning of the end for Rafa, he will probably survive as manager for now, but a Graham Carr influenced 12 months beckons.

Or you could look on the flip side and say that Rafa has proven to Ashley that reinforcements were needed in January and we were lucky to get away with it. Therefore making Ashley realise that Rafa is king and needs to be listened to about everything.

Firstly I understand and support Rafa's sticking with a long term plan regarding formations etc, however I think he has royally fucked up his long term prospects because to implement his long term plan he needs full buy in from Ashley and to do that he needed to show short term success.

2. He spunked significant transfer funds on a number of players that were either shit (Sels) or rarely featured. Could have signed 1 good first team player with that.

3. Despite the noises made about not sending injury risk players onto the pitch, the fact that the club doctor allowed Aarons and Gayle onto the pitch was a fucking travesty. Our doctor has a more CV and should not be in this role and Rafa should have been more ruthless there.

Good post that, echoes my concerns, in Ashleys mind he will have seen Hughton win us the championship with ease and wonder why Rafa couldn't do the same with a much bigger budget, would he have a point? Maybe a little, but the team we came down with last time was far better than our current one so you can see it both ways.

Either way I can't see Rafa being here come kick off next season should we go up, it'll be job done from him and goodbye when he doesn't get what he wants to take us forward, we'll end up with another limited manager just happy to be in the job and whether we stay up or not would be anyones guess but if Rafa goes I won't give a flying fuck anyway.

Guest chopey

Don't say that !! If Rafa goes then everything points to the return of Pardew, I can see his press conference now....

"I'm back to finish what I started"

You have the memory of a goldfish, we had to buy a new keeper because we had Darlow and Woodman, Krul and Eliott were both coming back from serious injuries. 

Of the players that come in Sels has so far failed and he has still got time on his side to come good.  Add Lazaar who has so far failed but could still come good and Gamez who was brought in on a free.  Gayle has been a success, Ritchie has been a success, Clark has played better than anybody could have expected, Hayden for me has been excellent, Diame has played a lot and couldn't be seen as a success, Yedlin has done well, Murphy has come in and scored goals when needed and Atsu has done a job for us at times and Hanley likewise.  That transfer record has almost certainly allowed us to gain promotion at the first time of asking and I would say that his record is as good, if not better than the one of Carr.

Aarons came back from a foot injury and done his ankle, Gayle came back from injury and done his other hamstring, it's not as if they came back and had the same injury.

Thank you Mick

Good post that, echoes my concerns, in Ashleys mind he will have seen Hughton win us the championship with ease and wonder why Rafa couldn't do the same with a much bigger budget, would he have a point? Maybe a little, but the team we came down with last time was far better than our current one so you can see it both ways.

Either way I can't see Rafa being here come kick off next season should we go up, it'll be job done from him and goodbye when he doesn't get what he wants to take us forward, we'll end up with another limited manager just happy to be in the job and whether we stay up or not would be anyones guess but if Rafa goes I won't give a flying f*** anyway.

All day long, myself and a good few of the lads I sit around reckon this will be the most likely scenario.

If this does happen anyone going back deserves the shit the club serves up regardless.  They've a golden ticket with Rafa and to turn it all around, blow it this time and I'm done with it.

People need to remind themselves of the crap we've put up with during Ashleys ownership ( i'm not buying into the total fluke season we finished high under Pardew)

He has made lots of mistakes.  Lots and lots of mistakes.  All that tinkering from the last game is so stupid and the players look so under-motivated.  Everyone going through the motions.

We are lucky to have him and he is rightfully loved by everyone, but surely we all expected him to do better this season than we are currently doing?

Promotion is all that matters and I would have taken automatic promotion of any kind at the start of the season. But not winning the title along the way is a disappointment. No two ways about that I think.