Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He is the best manager we will ever have, and in years to come, we will either be grieving at the thought of how short a time he managed us, or hounding him out.

I really, really hope that if he keeps us up that other supporters realise this, even if we're 17th in the league half way through next season, that there are not calls for his head.

In Rafa we trust.

Still find it weird that this bloke is allegedly on the club's board but writes as though he's got fuck all to do with it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-make-managerial-change-11086547

Newcastle United had to make a managerial change - and Rafa Benitez is a 'coup' for the club

08:30, 24 MAR 2016

OPINION BY BOB MONCUR

It’s been some fortnight for Newcastle United with Steve McClaren leaving the club and Rafa Benitez coming in.

There’s always reasons for managerial change and things don’t always go as smoothly as you’d like them to sometimes. It’s very easy to criticise but there’s always two sides to the story and there’s an explanation for it.

Steve did his best as head coach and he’s been in the game long enough to know when the crowd turn on you a little bit there can be no way back. He knew that as well, and that’s football. It’s unfortunate sometimes and you pay the price.

I think Rafa coming in has been a major coup for the club. A lot of us were down but Rafa has lifted the place and it could be the start of a new era.

Things have changed a little bit already as he is coming in as manager.

I think that’s very important and I am assuming he will be telling the club how he wants to strengthen the team, assuming all goes well.

He is definitely confident as I have spoken to him already. Only time will tell but judging by the performances against Leicester and Sunderland there is no reason to doubt his confidence. Those two games were a lot more organised and players are starting to believe again.

His record speaks for itself, he is a top class manager.

I am a lot happier that Rafa is here because he’s got the team organised. I am not knocking Steve but the players have clearly had a lift with the new manager, which usually happens when someone new comes in.

Steve did a good job and I got on well with him. He is a very good coach and I was privileged enough to be in some of his team meetings and I have to say when I listened to what he said it all made sense. Sometimes, though, the players didn’t produce - especially away from home.

But the boss always takes the blame for results and when players don’t turn it on.

We have eight games left and there are points to play for. If you win four or five you’ll stay up. I think it’s about four or five wins - one way or another.

Look at Leicester last year – they went on a run and stayed up.

Teams can turn it around for different reasons. Hopefully, Newcastle can do that in the last eight games.

Still find it weird that this bloke is allegedly on the club's board but writes as though he's got f*** all to do with it.

He's trying to keep a distance to avoid criticism at the same time as bigging the club up.  I can't stand him, even if he has won a trophy in my lifetime.

Oh he's definitely a worthless piece of shit.

Nah, he's an old man they think is a useful figurehead. Scored 3 to win us a trophy that doesn't count any more, apparently, politics, but he is not worthless or a piece of shit. That's harsh, man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Concur can fuck off, when did fans turn on SMC? He's only trying to lick arse to keep himself in a job. The club only appointed Rafa to keep themselves in the PL gravy train, nowt more.

Concur can f*** off, when did fans turn on SMC? He's only trying to lick arse to keep himself in a job. The club only appointed Rafa to keep themselves in the PL gravy train, nowt more.

[emoji38]:thup:

Apparently been asked to stay on, even if we get relegated.

By Moncur.[emoji38]

Be gobsmacked if that clown could have even have strung the sentence together to ask the question.

There you go.

Almost.

Apparently been asked to stay on, even if we get relegated.

By Moncur.[emoji38]

Be gobsmacked if that clown could have even have strung the sentence together to ask the question.

There you go.

Almost.

Works both ways tbh. I was being more efficient.

Another article from Moncur, at least I think it's a different one and he doesn't come out too badly in this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-asked-hed-stay-11098645

Bob Moncur holds meeting with Rafa Benitez and relays wishes of Newcastle United supporters to club's new boss

Rafa Benitez has been asked to stay on at Newcastle United - even if the club are relegated this season.

Club director Bob Moncur held a face to face meeting with the former Real Madrid and Liverpool boss this week and told him that the fans are desperate to see Benitez rebuild the club no matter happens this season.

Moncur remains part of the club’s football board and in his Chronicle column this week described the appointment of Benitez as a “coup” for the club.

Now, Moncur, speaking in an interview with the Scotsman, said: “I was trying to get him to commit to the club long-term.

“Everyone expects him to leave if we get relegated but I told him he was the future.

“He could re-build us and hopefully make us great again.

“I told him I was speaking on behalf of all the fans, those poor, long-suffering folk who sing Blaydon Races in all weathers.

“I got quite emotional as I was speaking to him and could feel myself welling up.

“That happens more since my cancer.”

However, Benitez’s response left Moncur impressed.

He said: “I like Rafa .

“He’s a football man, very sincere, and he looks you straight in the eye.

“I told him it would reflect well on him if he didn’t just walk away.

“But I couldn’t quite get the answer I was looking for, other than: ‘Bob, we won’t be relegated.’ I told him that impressed me, although had to add that I’ve seen more of this team than him and know what they can be like.

“Plus, I’m a dour Scotsman who tends to look on the black side.”

“But I couldn’t quite get the answer I was looking for, other than: ‘Bob, we won’t be relegated.’ I told him that impressed me, although had to add that I’ve seen more of this team than him and know what they can be like."

Quite a quote, that.

Basically just called the players useless. :lol: