Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It's quite a common phrase like. Although he has blatantly taken it from here.

Doubt it, seeing as the usual phrase is "rearranging the deckchairs…" and the one on here was the metaphorically-confused "shuffling the deckchairs…".

"reshuffle: an act of reorganizing or rearranging something."

I'm not having anyone suggest I'm in any way confused about something Lee Ryder isn't. :lol:  'Reshuffle' is fine.

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating" is the original expression I think (or something like that). That's the bastardised version.

I know the origin. :lol: I don't think it's wrong per se - the shortened version is superior for today's modern world where we don't have 20 years for grandpa to finish a sentence.

Who in the world said that one way of shorthanding an idiom/proverb/metaphor would apply globally? Answer: no one.

Absolutely no one is confused by the meaning of the shorthanded version. The original applied to 14th century puddings where questionable meat standards were as likely to kill you as nourish you. By any first world standard the actual literal meaning is horribly outdated anyway. Language and usage evolves, chillax.

Please explain how 'the proof is in the pudding' works then :lol:

There's no proof in the pudding, the proof is in the eating (ie does it taste good).

uhh uhhh how do you put proof "in" an "eating" durrr durrrr that phrase makes no sense

Wouldn't the pudding itself be the proof and the eating the process of checking the proof? The pudding - being good or bad - is proof in itself. But you check the proof of how good it is by eating it, hence the proof is the pudding. Not in the pudding. You're all wrong.

giphy.gif

What have I done. :lol: Proof of something through doing actually doing it. In football for instance 'we can stop up, but the only thing that counts is doing it' cue John carver saying 'the proof is in the pudding' moral of the story - don't copy John carver.

Guest Open_C

Prove, is, in the proof-of-the-pudding expression, used in its original sense of 'test' (see also: proving grounds, proving bread dough). It makes perfect sense read in that context :)

Has somebody already posted that? Couldn't bear to read back[emoji38]