Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I wasn't sure about the Shelvey one, but Tiote was  on a yellow so he was probably the only logical replacement.

We needed fresh legs in midfield.

We didn't really get them.

Guest Montezuma0

Superb result when it mattered most

No way he stays if we drop though; any highs from today will be forgotten in the misery of relegation

Got it spot on today. I must admit I was fucking raging at the team selection, but it worked better than I thought and his subs were well timed and intelligent. :thup:

Lascelles is already better than Taylor ever was IMO. Love seeing someone in our defence actually take responsibility.

Guest firetotheworks

He makes the decisions that seem a bit odd, but make sense once you see the way that the team's been told to play. An absolute world away from the constant combination of contradictory player choices and tactics that we had under Pardew and McClaren. Benitez is actually smart when he makes these decisions, as opposed to managers who, imo, seem to make those decisions just to make it look like they're smart.

He makes the decisions that seem a bit odd, but make sense once you see the way that the team's been told to play. An absolute world away from the constant combination of contradictory player choices and tactics that we had under Pardew and McClaren.

When I saw the team in the pre-match thread I could see what he was going for straight away, don't concede in the first half, then make the changes as the game went on to try and win it. It's pretty gratifying to see a manager's plan actually work almost to the letter. It makes me wonder what next season will be like if we stay up. It could be a beautiful thing.

still recon colback was a very very poor choice but he works with them in training he may be picking people that either are on his wave lenght or are showing more signs to being open to suggestion and input from the manager. Far too often this season its been throw 11  lads of the pitch and hope it works and I think some of our players may just want to play their own way or no way. Shame there just is a lack of depth not to rely on throwing shit on the pitch as soon as its available. Not that our " star players" have been anything but manure for most of the season.

I wanted Siem and Mitro to start but this team was far better and looked a well defensively solid unit. We worked all over the pitch and tactically we looked very smart. Not the most exciting game until later when we extended our lead but just thought we played smart today. Rafa is brilliant. Happy Birthday wonderful man.

Was concerned at first on how we stand off the opposition and don't close them down,however it's a superb tactic as we keep our shape and don't leave any free space for them to run into.

We looked so compact today and made it very difficult for them to get through.

Players certainly look like they are starting to fully understand their position when we don't have the ball.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is in the top 10 of managers in the game and here he is managing this shitty fucking excuse of a football club. Only at NUFC. I'm torn. For the first time since Hughton really I actually want the team to win badly, if only for Rafa the only professional at the club along with his staff, and of course because staying up means he may well stay. But... going down will hurt Ashley and I want that cunt to hurt as much as I do when I even think about NUFC and the mess it is. Again I'd rather support us in the conference without Ashley than with Ashley as owner and us a PL club. But Rafa conflicts me!

I'm surprised at how quickly I've completely fallen in love with him. So professional, classy and intelligent. Makes such a difference having a manager you can actually be proud of. We looked a lot, lot better today and he got the setup and tactics spot on. Hopefully it's a sign that the players are starting to respond to his way of doing things and we'll at least make a damn good fight of staying up.