Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

One of the things that I keep hearing said by "experts" doubting Rafa's ability to manage in the Championship is that it is such a slog playing two games most weeks.

:rolleyes: :idiot2:

Why do they think it is so much more difficult than playing two games every week when you are playing in Europe each season.

Playing Champions League on a Wednesday = fine

Playing Europa League on a Thursday = impossible

One of the things that I keep hearing said by "experts" doubting Rafa's ability to manage in the Championship is that it is such a slog playing two games most weeks.

Why do they think it is so much more difficult than playing two games every week when you are playing in Europe each season.

:lol:

"It's so difficult playing two games a week, there's no way a manager of Benitez' calibre can manage it, only someone like Neil Warnock or Mick McCarthy can pull that off"

Rafa likes to rotate the team anyway.  The next thing we will hear is that he doesn't have Championship experience

IF this happens it will be interesting to see what the first SJP attendance in August will be.  I recall  last time didn't we start mid 30's and at the end it was pretty much 46k plus?

IF this happens it will be interesting to see what the first SJP attendance in August will be.  I recall  last time didn't we start mid 30's and at the end it was pretty much 46k plus?

I already want to be there and I haven't been in years.

We're the only English club, and quite possibly the only club in the world, to have had an average attendance of over 50,000 for a season outside of the top flight... If this comes off we might just do it again.

Think Napoli averaged 50k in Serie B a few seasons ago.

We didn't average over 50k in 2010. When was this?

56,283 Division Two 1947/8

Was that the season the reserves averaged 48000 also?

Not sure, I would suggest asking Mick, he was probably at most games that season.

We didn't average over 50k in 2010. When was this?

56,283 Division Two 1947/8

Was that the season the reserves averaged 48000 also?

Not sure, I would suggest asking Mick, he was probably at most games that season.

:lol: Never gets old, unlike Mick.

Rafa likes to rotate the team anyway.  The next thing we will hear is that he doesn't have Championship experience

That one's been done to death already as well. 

We averaged 43k in our Championship season. It was still one of the highest attendances in Europe, but not aware of a record.

I think the Newcastle-boro match was some kind of record though.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2009-10html/homeatt.html

Totally forgot Marlon Harewood played for us. So random.

He was class too

Good memories of hitting the deck at Oakwell when he scored there.

We averaged 43k in our Championship season. It was still one of the highest attendances in Europe, but not aware of a record.

I think the Newcastle-boro match was some kind of record though.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2009-10html/homeatt.html

Totally forgot Marlon Harewood played for us. So random.

He was class too

:lol: Class is a bit much.