Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

We're the only English club, and quite possibly the only club in the world, to have had an average attendance of over 50,000 for a season outside of the top flight... If this comes off we might just do it again.

?

We didn't even average over 50,000 this season.

Just under. 49,700. However our post Benitez average was over 50k and providing we do as well as we're expecting to do we'll average over 50,000 next season in the Championship. (Provided Rafa is definitely in charge of course).

Not sure, I would suggest asking Mick, he was probably at most games that season.

No, I missed most of that season, I was still recovering from my war wound picked up in 1939.

Whatever Mick, that was a nailed on dive.

One more point; I know the regular match going fans have taken some stick on here  (from me as well) but credit to them and in particular to everyone who went to the Spurs game and gave him such an amazing reception. It appears that has had a massive bearing on his decision to stay.

Well done one and all.

One more point; I know the regular match going fans have taken some stick on here  (from me as well) but credit to them and in particular to everyone who went to the Spurs game and gave him such an amazing reception. It appears that has had a massive bearing on his decision to stay.

Well done one and all.

Agree. :thup:

Well done one and all.

Agreed, I think the reaction on Sunday has tipped everything in our favour.  It didn't only show Rafa how everybody feels about him it has shown the likes of Ashley and Charnley what is possible when you have a good manager and one the fans believe in.

Next season could be amazing on so many levels as the positivity will be carried over and the place will be rocking and I just wish the new season was starting on Saturday, it's going to feel like forever.

So many people have said they're going to go back and getting a new season ticket isn't going to be easy.

Really tempted to get a season ticket if he stays, thing is I don't know what my timetable will be like for next year.

I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and sell my tickets to any games I can't go too.

This is the strangest relegation in history  :lol:

Personally I think if Rafa stays it could be a blessing in disguise.  He holds all the cards now and it's up to Ashley to convince him to stay by giving him FULL control.  Could be the start of something - FINALLY.

Really tempted to get a season ticket if he stays, thing is I don't know what my timetable will be like for next year.

I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and sell my tickets to any games I can't go too.

Me too.

Quite a few at work are saying the same - be unheard of - relegation increasing season ticket numbers  :p

Me too.

How has this happened? Everyone was ready to jack the club in a few weeks ago. To be honest it's still Rafa or bust for me, if they manage to mess up keeping him then I'll still support the club, but I won't go to games. I'm half expecting them to say that Wonga have pissed off as well, just to put the icing on the cake.

I work shifts so would usually miss 4/5 games a season though work but depending on the prices I'm going to look into getting my season ticket back once Rafa is confirmed. It's going to be an amazing feeling actually looking forward to and enjoying the match again.

This is the strangest relegation in history  :lol:

Personally I think if Rafa stays it could be a blessing in disguise.  He holds all the cards now and it's up to Ashley to convince him to stay by giving him FULL control.  Could be the start of something - FINALLY.

The season in the Championship was one of my favourite seasons. I wouldn't have looked forward to this one, but Rafa rebuilding from the Championship up would be class, definitely adds beauty to it. Gutted not to be around again if it happens.

Me too.

How has this happened? Everyone was ready to jack the club in a few weeks ago. To be honest it's still Rafa or bust for me, if they manage to mess up keeping him then I'll still support the club, but I won't go to games. I'm half expecting them to say that Wonga have p*ssed off as well, just to put the icing on the cake.

Cause keeping Rafa would be as close to winning the league for us.  After all the chaff we've had to put up with we are close to somehow getting, not only a World Class manager but one who seems a genuinely nice guy.  In the short time he has been at the club my estimation of him has gone up 1000000000%.  Been so impressed.

You're all fuckwits. Even if he does stay, there is no f***ing hope. This is just prolonging Ashley's miserable reign at "NUFC".

Your having a bad day aren't you! Argument with the missus!!

Relegation from the premier league and complete decimation of my football club mate. Seems no-one else even gives a fuck.

5-1!!!!! FTS

Yes the club has been decimated, so have many others for various reasons. At least we've now got the chance to re-invent it with someone we can trust in charge. Ashley's a a clueless cunt as far as football is concerned, we get it. But if he has finally recognised that and is prepared to hand over the reins to one of the world's most respected managers then I'll take it.

1) In what way does "other clubs have been decimated" change anything? We've only been 80% decimated so we're canny? At least we're not the Villa? Fuck that.

2) Ashley has recognised he should probably spend a minute amount of the total budget on a manager who isn't fucking useless. Hooray. He's still Mike Ashley, he's still a useless twat, he's still going to fuck us over and he's still going parade his emporium of shite all over SJP.

I work shifts so would usually miss 4/5 games a season though work but depending on the prices I'm going to look into getting my season ticket back once Rafa is confirmed. It's going to be an amazing feeling actually looking forward to and enjoying the match again.

I currently have Saturday's off and have done for the last two years. I'm at uni though and I work other shifts during the week and I just know for a fact that this year I'll have a clash at uni and work and the only way to get it covered will be to sacrifice my Saturday's off.

I currently have Saturday's off and have done for the last two years. I'm at uni though and I work other shifts during the week and I just know for a fact that this year I'll have a clash at uni and work and the only way to get it covered will be to sacrifice my Saturday's off.

The way my shifts fall it works out I do 1 in every 4 Saturdays and 1 in every 4 Wednesday nights but there is the opportunity to swap shifts. Out of the 12 of us in our department though 9 are NUFC fans (1 Evertonian and 2 don't like football) so getting a swap to go to the match might not be all that easy. Might look at sharing a ticket with one of the other lads who work the opposite shift pattern to me.

1) In what way does "other clubs have been decimated" change anything? We've only been 80% decimated so we're canny? At least we're not the Villa? f*** that.

2) Ashley has recognised he should probably spend a minute amount of the total budget on a manager who isn't f***ing useless. Hooray. He's still Mike Ashley, he's still a useless t***, he's still going to f*** us over and he's still going parade his emporium of s**** all over SJP.

:lol:

The way my shifts fall it works out I do 1 in every 4 Saturdays and 1 in every 4 Wednesday nights but there is the opportunity to swap shifts. Out of the 12 of us in our department though 9 are NUFC fans (1 Evertonian and 2 don't like football) so getting a swap to go to the match might not be all that easy. Might look at sharing a ticket with one of the other lads who work the opposite shift pattern to me.

Not a chance anyone at mine would be so willing to let me have Saturday's off, as it happens it's the only day off the week I get off from both uni and work, though it's usually used to do uni work alongside following the match.

You're all fuckwits. Even if he does stay, there is no f***ing hope. This is just prolonging Ashley's miserable reign at "NUFC".

Your having a bad day aren't you! Argument with the missus!!

Relegation from the premier league and complete decimation of my football club mate. Seems no-one else even gives a fuck.

5-1!!!!! FTS

Yes the club has been decimated, so have many others for various reasons. At least we've now got the chance to re-invent it with someone we can trust in charge. Ashley's a a clueless cunt as far as football is concerned, we get it. But if he has finally recognised that and is prepared to hand over the reins to one of the world's most respected managers then I'll take it.

1) In what way does "other clubs have been decimated" change anything? We've only been 80% decimated so we're canny? At least we're not the Villa? Fuck that.

2) Ashley has recognised he should probably spend a minute amount of the total budget on a manager who isn't fucking useless. Hooray. He's still Mike Ashley, he's still a useless twat, he's still going to fuck us over and he's still going parade his emporium of shite all over SJP.

Fair enough, I'm willing to listen. Let's hear your alternatives for ownership of the club and managerial choices.

That ownership of a club question is fucking idiotic, so I'll ignore that one.

Managerial choices aren't all that hard to work out. Find a manager who hasn't been shit for his entire career, hire him. There are about 15 of them I'd be happy with in the PL. Rafa is a perfectly good choice. Still doesn't go anywhere near making up for 8 years of destroying the club.