Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

What's the deal he's supposed to have agreed anyway. Is it just him and us waiving the release clause, or has he renegotiated on lesser terms for this season, etc?

my feeling its about the full set up at the club.

I think basically it is a new contract.  The last one will no longer be effective since it has a relegation clause, and rafa could and should request that the new promises made by Ashley and Charnley be written in the new contract so that he can leave anytime if those promises did not materialize.

What's the deal he's supposed to have agreed anyway. Is it just him and us waiving the release clause, or has he renegotiated on lesser terms for this season, etc?

No one will know, but I'm guessing it's nowt to do with personal terms. I think it will be about management/decision making structure, spheres of responsibility, particularly 'having' to sell players who may be willing to stay, 'having' to buy players who may be a 'good investment', how much money is available for signings, because he will now know what we need (quite apart from replacing what we will lose - Janmaat and Shelvey were waving farewell; Cisse, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Coloccini, Tiote, Krul, Anita, Colback, have possibly played their last game).

He possibly been able to show Ashley that the club done right can make more money, by retaining the players we need and , because they are leaving a successful(eventually) club, get a better deal for the surplus ones.

edit- in other words make the profitable trading of players a bi product of a successful team, not it purpose.  see Arsene Venger.

Not sure, I would suggest asking Mick, he was probably at most games that season.

No, I missed most of that season, I was still recovering from my war wound picked up in 1939.

Oh so not the dead leg Napoleon gave you then?

That didn't happen.

You're all fuckwits. Even if he does stay, there is no fucking hope. This is just prolonging Ashley's miserable reign at "NUFC".

Relegation from the premier league and complete decimation of my football club mate. Seems no-one else even gives a fuck.

5-1!!!!! FTS

Just bookmarking these for when we're in the Champion's League.

Benitez is happy with the terms being outlined and it would appear that the only danger to him not continuing in his role is an offer from elsewhere.

The vacant Everton job appeals to him and so, too, would Southampton, should Ronald Koeman move to Goodison Park.

Hope we get this wrapped up today some club will make a move

One more point; I know the regular match going fans have taken some stick on here  (from me as well) but credit to them and in particular to everyone who went to the Spurs game and gave him such an amazing reception. It appears that has had a massive bearing on his decision to stay.

Well done one and all.

Ignoring the fact that A LOT (not all!) of those were the same ones who sat on their arse and said nowt when Pardew and Carver and Kinnear and Ashley turned us into a mess, I think his mind was made up already, it all came down to agreements with Ashley, which it looks like he's got now. He knew how big the club was and how good the fanbase can be before arriving.

I do think the positive atmosphere, coupled with Spurs giving up meant we won comfortably on Sunday though.

As for Rafa, him getting full control of transfers will be massive, hopefully he gets a budget and can do what he wants with it, that way he can buy for success and not just for re-sale value. Be good to see players arriving who's first thought is not 'who's my next club going to be?'.

However much I won't get too carried away until it's confirmed - if he joins Everton that'll be a bigger shock than Leicester winning the league for me. Just can't see it at all.

The way he spoke about going back to Anfield in April, the way he speaks about us, he clearly cares for the fans and what they think about him - I'd be gobsmacked if he joined Everton. Really, really would. Can't see it at all.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm completely of the opinion that Richard Keys knows absolutely nothing about football tbh. Always have done.

“Look deeper - what has Benitez actually won since he left Liverpool?

“I’ll tell you - one Italian Cup, one Italian Super Cup - their Community Shield - so that doesn’t count.

“Yep - the Europa League at Napoli and Chelsea".

:lol: :lol:

My God the day we give any credibility to the utterances of Richard Keys is the day we should be sectioned.

The guy is a self promoting buffoon who is desperate to get some attention since he was kicked off television for having the arms of a primate and a view of women to match.  Him and the Caledonian colostomy bag that is Andy Gray should be killed with fire at the very least.  His arms would go up like a Canadian forest.

“Look deeper - what has Benitez actually won since he left Liverpool?

“I’ll tell you - one Italian Cup, one Italian Super Cup - their Community Shield - so that doesn’t count.

“Yep - the Europa League at Napoli and Chelsea".

:lol: :lol:

Just a European Cup with 2 different teams. But what else??????!? Oh yeah, a domestic cup as well. But what else eh?? No league titles that Everton fans expect eh??!!?

Keys "What has Rafa done since he left Liverpool?" goes on to list all the cups he's won, then says "I don't want him, I'd go for Moyes or Hughes". Yeah ok mate, that makes sense.

Also says Rafa manages for his CV, actually how many managers of his calibre would be willing to drop down a division with the aim of building a club instead of walking into a ready made club ala Mourinho, Guadiola?

Go back to burning money, whipping slave workers to death, and having a pop at women.