Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I really don't think it's all about intensity, like. Though I know what you mean. I just think - t'other night notwithstanding - we're far too susceptible to getting dragged into the whole compact, keep your shape mentality when actually against shit like this, and let's be honest Wolves are utterly fucking shit, we should be playing a far more expansive form of football with wingers and strikers than teams can't negate by limiting time on the ball.

Yeah Ritchie had completely lost it in the 2nd half. Maybe if Atsu was brought on at HT to be on the other wing to take the pressure away from Ritchie then it might have made a difference 2nd half, but Ritchie looked like he was going to get sent off. Ayoze is really poor on the left wing

I really don't think it's all about intensity, like. Thought I know what you mean. I just think - t'other night notwithstanding - we're far too susceptible to getting dragged into the whole compact, keep your shape mentality when actually against s*** like this, and let's be honest Wolves are utterly f***ing s***, we should playing a far more expansive form of football with wingers and strikers than teams can't negate by limiting time on the ball.

hey, that's my drum your banging.

I really don't think it's all about intensity, like. Thought I know what you mean. I just think - t'other night notwithstanding - we're far too susceptible to getting dragged into the whole compact, keep your shape mentality when actually against shit like this, and let's be honest Wolves are utterly fucking shit, we should playing a far more expansive form of football with wingers and strikers than teams can't negate by limiting time on the ball.

:thup:

It's one game, we'll be fine. MOTM curse is all.

it's 4 games out of 8., I'll include Bristol city.

Alreet then

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/0608ec09708fc2ad76a3f578503bcb32.jpg

Shelvey: "We never know the team until less than two hours before kick-off so you’re just still guessing."

:shifty:

Is that after today's match? Unbelievable stuff to come out with in the press if that's even true. Wtf.

Obviously not as it was posted at 8 AM this morning. No one was complaining about this after the QPR game

There's no way of doing it that won't bother some players, let them know day before some will just get in a strop from then. In a team with a settled starting 11 it may make sense to let know changes further in advance but I don't think that Benitez thinks of his team in the sense of a strongest 11 and then players coming in and out to patch up injuries etc, I think Benitez thinks of a plan then chops and changes the players to fit that. I can understand why it may be infuriating for players but Rafa is entitled to say the onus is on the players to get used to it, and that being dropped for a game doesn't mean you won't play the next.

Well, Bobby trusted him. But that isn't the point, none of the players find out his team until 2 hours or less before KO.

It's just the way he is, anyway. It ties in with the rest of his style.

IMO, the longer he has with the squad, the less of an issue this will become. He wants all the squad to be able to play together interchangeably with similar effectiveness and cohesity. This will be shown up at its weakest early in his tenure, as fringe players get used more than they did before, and 'first teamers' rotated more. Everyone's on edge as it will be a big change, especially for our squad.