Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

You can't legislate for having two players sent off in the first half; but I thought we were fantastically organised and disciplined in the face of adversity. It is difficult enough with a numberical deficit of one, nevermind trying to manage a two man disadvantage. Rafa has the team so well drilled, the three in midfield there were shifting across effortlessly.

I say he should bring the players off because it's a safety hazard and I get slated. Someone else says one of our fans should go onto the pitch and dig the referee and nothing is said.

One of those people was not being serious though.

Cant wait for the next health and safety training at work, gonna have to stop slide tackling people in the office like :lol:

You can't legislate for having two players sent off in the first half; but I thought we were fantastically organised and disciplined in the face of adversity. It is difficult enough with a numberical deficit of one, nevermind trying to manage a two man disadvantage. Rafa has the team so well drilled, the three in midfield there were shifting across effortlessly.

Ironically I thought we were less impressive with 11 men on the pitch. Loads of possession in our own half but nothing much of note in the opposition's. That's why the sending off was so frustrating, I really wanted to have a good look at how we set up today.

He has to work out what he's going to do with our number 10 position. Perez continues to be largely unimpressive in the role, Diame has been a disappointment.  He's obviously stubbornly sticking with the 1 striker for the rest of the season but in that situation your number 10 needs to be one of your best players, if not the best player. We are dominating games without getting enough goals. We should have battered both Hull and Blackburn and even before the ref intervene tonight we didn't create enough from the possession we had.

It's not panic time yet but things to work on for sure, this is the period of the season I expected us to come on strong instead we are wobbling and I think it's largely down to finding a solution to the problem of the players playing in the hole. Can't help feeling that despite their obvious physical limitations, Cabella and/or  Thauvin would have offered us something more in that role.

That was one of the few times I've watched you live this season. What an hilarious game. Though it might be take a day or two for you lot to see the funny side. The ref was utter bollocks. Rafa has a reputation as a lucky manager, and had it with us too, but it's balls of course. You were utterly snakebitten tonight. That ref shouldn't see a match beyond the conference.

Tell you what I did see, which I recognised from Rafa's time with us- fight. We always fought, bar the last few months of that last strange season.  I fully expected you to hold on and draw because of that. Shame you didn't. But if your players show that kind of resolution you'll piss that league. You'll need that fight for the next few games too with players out.

speaking of which - Jonjo. Good player but fuck me, as long as he sells his team short like that he'll never fulfil his potential. Expect every Champo player to needle and wind him up when he's back. In April.

I've watched the Shelvey incident what feelas like 20 times now, and I still can't really see anything wrong with it.

Yep me too, I'm amazed at how many even on here are saying how stupid he was and how it was a certain red. It's far from it.

I've watched the Shelvey incident what feelas like 20 times now, and I still can't really see anything wrong with it.

Yep me too, I'm amazed at how many even on here are saying how stupid he was and how it was a certain red. It's far from it.

By todays standards it is a sending off. Same should have applied to Lansbury though as he did the same thing. Normally the ref will baulk at the double sending off and warn or book both.

By todays standards it is a sending off. Same should have applied to Lansbury though as he did the same thing. Normally the ref will baulk at the double sending off and warn or book both.

Can someone do a gif or something of the actually offensive that merits a red, I don't see anything other than a player trying to get himself up from a tangle with another player. There is literally nothing in there, but please educate me if I missed something.

He kicked out in reaction. Technically a sending off offence, but only if you ignore the sly kick by Lansbury which he reacted to. Even the Sky studio experts agreed on this tbf.

He kicked out in reaction. Technically a sending off offence, but only if you ignore the sly kick by Lansbury which he reacted to. Even the Sky studio experts agreed on this tbf.

So, for me, the correct reading should be either drop ball where play stopped or freekick to us where Lansbury committed the original incident which the same punishment dished out to both players ?

So, for me, the correct reading should be either drop ball where play stopped or freekick to us where Lansbury committed the original incident which the same punishment dished out to both players ?

The correct read would be we got fucked. Swallow it and move on.

The correct read would be we got f***ed. Swallow it and move on.

I don't get over it that easy. the wife knows who Trelford Mills is but is still confused as to why I wake up at night screaming "Die Ray Tinkler Die!"

He has to work out what he's going to do with our number 10 position. Perez continues to be largely unimpressive in the role, Diame has been a disappointment.  He's obviously stubbornly sticking with the 1 striker for the rest of the season but in that situation your number 10 needs to be one of your best players, if not the best player. We are dominating games without getting enough goals. We should have battered both Hull and Blackburn and even before the ref intervene tonight we didn't create enough from the possession we had.

completely agree with this

completely agree with this

Ditto. Also, he must have expected Forest to set-up as they did. Early on, we had 75% possession, Shelvey had acres of space, Hayden was bullying them when they did have the ball. Yet we've very few options to hit in/near the box. Popping promising balls in for Gayle when he's surrounded by big (shirt-grabbing) defenders isn't the best plan.

Everyone knows how we're going to play. Because we always play the same way. Mix it up. Forest were shit, when we were down to 10 they were still sitting back and we were still bossing possession. We could and should have been well ahead before the majority of the soap opera began. Really do think two strikers, Mitro and Gayle, would have occupied three or four of the planks occupying their box and either got something themselves or made space for more meaningful chances from midfield.