Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Told Rafa Benitez has no intention of walking out on #nufc . Focused on nothing but promotion to the Premier League.

11 mins ago - Twitter

Lee Ryder

A joke of a journo. Not even 12 hours has passed since the paper he writes for was saying that he very much could walk. 

I need to hear from Rafa's mouth that everything's okay.

Even better, I need to hear from penfold that he is sorry and that he made a mistake. That would be progress in my eyes.

I fully expect Rafa to dampen the fire in this press conference but ultimately give us no reassurance about the future. Which means it will haunt us until the summer, when things will come to a head.

I think Rafa will see out the season and will mostly likely get us promoted, all be it not being as easy as it could be. Beyond that is massively in doubt unless he's given what he needs. He's ambitious and if we don't think big he won't stay. He isn't here to finish mid table in the Premiership year on year. He wants to build a winning side and that will take consistent backing, not penny pinching.

A pal of mine who generally isn't far away with what he says reckon Charnely is the one at risk of losing his job

Mind to give more details?  We wont trust 100% no worries but do have interest to know why.

A pal of mine who generally isn't far away with what he says reckon Charnely is the one at risk of losing his job

Mind to give more details?  We wont trust 100% no worries but do have interest to know why.

It appears to be Charnleys inability to do his job that didn't get players over the line and Carrs meddling. Ashley being ill advised. Rafa not furious at Ashley. He's furious with his cohorts

Get the impression Graham Carr is a huge problem in all of this.  Rafa doesn't get to speak to Ashley yet Carr sits next to him at matches, no doubt Carr has been in his ear over transfer policy.  Apparently Carr was bemused at the signing of Murphy, cheeky t***.

hahahahahaha imagine if he f***s rafa off enough and he walks man :lol:

i can't even care anymore, rather enjoyed the last few months not hating both nufc and football in general, alas

i'm the same.

i love the fact rafa doesnt give a f*** and is going up against him, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, but i'm past worrying about it, going to enjoy the rest of the season with rafa and see what happens.

i can't even care anymore, rather enjoyed the last few months not hating both nufc and football in general, alas

i'm the same.

i love the fact rafa doesnt give a f*** and is going up against him, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, but i'm past worrying about it, going to enjoy the rest of the season with rafa and see what happens.

if it does go down that road i hope rafa doesn't jack in at the first hurdle and makes it into a popularity contest basically, would be so much better than him just walking away

ashley needs a taste of the vitriol i hope he'll receive if he manages to fuck things up

i'm the same.

if it does go down that road i hope rafa doesn't jack in at the first hurdle and makes it into a popularity contest basically, would be so much better than him just walking away

ashley needs a taste of the vitriol i hope he'll receive if he manages to f*** things up

Agreed.

His Liverpool power struggle shows he's up for sticking it out, that went on for ages, so let's hope he does the same (if it comes to it).

Told Rafa Benitez has no intention of walking out on #nufc . Focused on nothing but promotion to the Premier League.

11 mins ago - Twitter

Lee Ryder

A joke of a journo. Not even 12 hours has passed since the paper he writes for was saying that he very much could walk.

Whatever shitty Ryder says or write I always expect the opposite, shitty piece of journo....

11 mins ago - Twitter

Lee Ryder

Whatever shitty Ryder says or write I always expect the opposite, shitty piece of journo....

He's actually been fairly accurate the last year tbf.

Get the impression Graham Carr is a huge problem in all of this.  Rafa doesn't get to speak to Ashley yet Carr sits next to him at matches, no doubt Carr has been in his ear over transfer policy.  Apparently Carr was bemused at the signing of Murphy, cheeky t***.

Maybe I'm going mad but didn't a few on here seem bemused too at the Murphy signing?

Maybe I'm going mad but didn't a few on here seem bemused too at the Murphy signing?

Yeah, just a bit :lol:

As said earlier, Rafa has got previous for standing up to owners who refuse to back him. Benitez knows he has the majority of the fan base on his side, and with that comes something of a power base. Will it be enough to force Ashley's hand? I'm not so sure, because the man have proven time and time again that he's a cunt, who will do things his way. If Benitez leaves in the summer, then the club deserves to crash and burn. I can see Ashley's perfect front man, Alan Pardew being brought back in.

Any NUFC fan who isn’t bothered about losing this man is a complete and utter imbecile.

He has galvanised the whole club and the whole city and has given every fan some hope, pride and belief back. Things that we haven’t had for years. He has also reignited the passion in many fans who had completely lost the faith.

How the fat wanker doesn’t realise that Rafa is the best thing to happen to us for years and the best manager that he could ever appoint is beyond me - our attendances alone should tell him that.

I hope it’s like the Spurs game tomorrow – 110% support for Rafa.

Martin Hardy:

Ashley, however, has insisted the club return to the policy of signing young players on the recommendation of Carr, who significantly sat with the owner for the FA Cup tie between Birmingham and Newcastle.