Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

NVMvpdA.jpg

:smitten:

McClaren looks so clueless, normal day at office :lol:

The more I look at McClaren in that photo the more it makes me laugh. He really does just look totally clueless as to what is going on in front of him. :lol:

Suggests to me that we will spend, but it will be on the recommendations of Carr and in the mould of younger players with sell on value.

It's always going to be with profit in mind, not whats best for the team, so it still doesn't sound good.

Could see Rafa seeing what the situation is in the summer and if the above is the case he will leave and end up working for a club who are more deserving of his talents.

Hopefully not though, but it is Ashley.

The article is trash from our PR mouth piece, Townsend wasn't over priced in today's market that's just an excuse.

They didn't want to spend in January and are surprised when everyone is p*ssed by this.

I think £2m loan plus £13m transfer fee is scandalous for Townsend tbh. Hes worth about £10m max tbh as hes declined since he played for us last

The worry I've got is that Townsend was available now because Sam didn't fancy him much a bit like he didn't rate Defoe when he first went to Sunderland as manager. It could be by the end of the season Townsend is starting regularly again and playing well, then his value will go closer to £20m. If they get relegated though there'll be the release clause so Ashley is probably gambling on that to save £2m.

The article is trash from our PR mouth piece, Townsend wasn't over priced in today's market that's just an excuse.

They didn't want to spend in January and are surprised when everyone is p*ssed by this.

I think £2m loan plus £13m transfer fee is scandalous for Townsend tbh. Hes worth about £10m max tbh as hes declined since he played for us last

£13m fee is a good deal imo, i'm assuming that's a clause that will still be available in the summer then and they've gambled on not paying the extra £2m?  hadn't read a massive amount of the detail

if there's no clause and we try to buy him after promotion he's probably costing £15-20m imo

i'd have paid it aye, largely because rafa has worked with him and wanted him back and he had one of the best spells of his PL career with rafa in rafa's system

whole thing seemed to make sense me to

I'm not a Townsend fan after he jumped ship, but I would also back Rafa's judgement. If he wanted him back then we should have made it happen.

See, I don't care that much about the money. Some of you talk like you are Ashley and/or Charnley, and I don't blame you. I have probably done so myself in the past. But this is what nine years of the "Mike Ashley penny pinching"-regime does to you. It's a a way of justifying the shit they put us through.

As a supporter I don't care that much about what we spent,  about age or re-sell value. I care about putting together a great team, that win matches and plays entertaining football.

See, I don't care that much about the money. Some of you talk like you are Ashley and/or Charnley, and I don't blame you. I have probably done so myself in the past. But this is what nine years of the "Mike Ashley penny pinching"-regime does to you. It's a a way of justifying the shit they put us through.

As a supporter I don't care that much about what we spent,  about age or re-sell value. I care about putting together a great team, that win matches and plays entertaining football.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Obviously this is a decent point, but if you really subscribe to it completely you may as well stop talking about transfers entirely. Cost is one of the major ways people judge a signing.

maybe some but for most everything has context, especially players value, can't really discuss signings without considering their cost in the modern game imo

Obviously this is a decent point, but if you really subscribe to it completely you may as well stop talking about transfers entirely. Cost is one of the major ways people judge a signing.

posts crossed over but i've basically just said the same thing :thup:

Who is the bloke in the dugout who dyes his hair black.  He looks f***ing ridiculous

I think that is Mickel Anita.

Antia

Is he related to Vernon Anita? Their names are anagrams like

i thought that too, but its definitley been denied in the chronicle by lee ryder i think

Right, I've been away from the Internet for a couple of weeks, I'm trying to find out what actually happened here, can anyone give a quick summary?

It seems everyone is happy with Benitez but he might not be staying? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

He will be gone once he takes us up like, I guarantee! He will have far better offers than us and I get the feeling Ashley and co will be all too willing to see him leave for another more ambitious club.

Right, I've been away from the Internet for a couple of weeks, I'm trying to find out what actually happened here, can anyone give a quick summary?

It seems everyone is happy with Benitez but he might not be staying? :lol:

We signed no one in January. Fans were disappointed. Rafa seemed angry/confused at the situation.

Rags started in with talk of a dust-up behind the scenes. Some dismissed it as predictable paper talk and Rafa being disappointed with the QPR result, others pointed to both Rafa's reaction and the weeks earlier stories about Ashley's re-involvement as an indicator that at least something had gone on.

Then Rafa comes out and says that the club "can't make the same mistakes again" which I'm fairly certain everybody now reads as proof that there was something that went on. We'll never know the full details.

Now predictions are focused on whether or not the club will "make the same mistakes again" in the summer which would lead to Rafa's inevitable walking.

My hopes are not high that they won't.

He will be gone once he takes us up like, I guarantee! He will have far better offers than us and I get the feeling Ashley and co will be all too willing to see him leave for another more ambitious club.

On the other hand, what's the point in Rafa getting us promoted if he's not going to have a go in the PL? Anything is possible of course but I would think he'd like to see this through. Unless the summer is a complete disaster of course.

Guest Howaythetoon

If he takes us up it's a job done for him. I actually believe he'd love to spend a good few years here, but he has a burning ambition to win major honours which is something our owner couldn't give a fuck about. Again I will put money on this, he will take us up get an offer and we won't stand in his way, grateful that we can then get someone in as a lackey.