Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It would be this club down to an absolute tee if we didn't back Rafa in the summer and lost him but backed the incompetent McLaren in 2 windows when it was clear he should've been gone before the second one even started :lol:

Rafa's press conference this afternoon has soothed my concerns a bit although I still can't help but think he'll be away in the summer.

rafa's played a blinder really, made it known they've fucked him but that he'll stand by the club...he just needs to secure promotion now and the ball is entirely in their court as to whether they want protests, walkouts and kickoffs or a football club

top man, love him to fucking bits

Actually think he'll get backed in the summer tbh.

He might well do because he's basically given Ashley no choice but to either back him or lose him. If he hadn't drawn a line in the sand Ashley would have walked all over him, now he has a choice to make. Give Rafa the funds he needs to make Newcastle the team they should be, or let him go and hire some low rent arse licker who will probably get us relegated again within two seasons.

Good as gone tbh

Yeah. Don't blame him though. Such a f***ing mess, and shameless owner. I hope this come back and bites Ashley.

Tbh, i don't know what would bite Ashley that would truly hurt him. I thought relegation and missing out on the new Tv money would have stopped him fucking the club over and over. But seems it hasn't stopped him.....yet.

Probably without knowing, Ashley and Charnley created a monster last year by hiring Rafa Benitez. There is no way back for them if Rafa walks in the summer. That would leave the club in another toxic turmoil and there is absolutely no chance the likes of Lee Warnock/David O'Leary/Glenn Hoddle/Roy Hodgson could prevent a relegation in front of a fed up 35-40 k crowd next season.

Personally I'm 100% sure Rafa will be backed this summer.

rafa's played a blinder really, made it known they've f***ed him but that he'll stand by the club...he just needs to secure promotion now and the ball is entirely in their court as to whether they want protests, walkouts and kickoffs or a football club

top man, love him to f***ing bits

This.

Personally I dont think the club wanted to sign any players in the January window for whatever reason, I suspect its something to do with accounting. I also think Carr might have Ashley's ear.

But if it was just as simple as Palace trying to do us over and make us pay more money for Townsend than they payed, then why not communicate that to Rafa. Surely being upfront and honest would make for a better understanding of the situation. Instead it makes the club look fractured.

its no longer about not signing anyone during the window.

its about lack of honesty, lack of respect, and lack of communication.

if rafa had all those up front, he may have grudgingly accepted any reasons given for the lack of signings.

His press conference is here if anyone's interested:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/benitezs-pre-derby-h-media-briefing

Probably most involved in football :lol: Cheers :thup:

A few extra things I take from that: The fact it's on the club's site makes me think all is well. He talks about a "compromise"...that suggests a summer agreement on budgets. He isn't blushing. When he's emotional he blushes. He's not and that suggests he's completely calm and relaxed.

When he talks about fans needing to support he makes it clear they are. It's not a dig.

He's very honest and I'm way more relaxed about this season at least. He wants the title despite 2nd being good enough :aww:

It's refreshing that those questions about his position and transfers etc weren't cut from the footage, but perhaps even more important is that the questions were allowed in the first place. Under previous managers the NUFC press officer has simply declined things of that nature, summing up how obnoxiously the club was being run.

It's all a game plan. We had set limits, won't be taken for mugs and couldn't get value for money. We will posture through the press (preferred media partners)  in the summer, but in the end Rafa will get what he wants in reason, nothing has changed.

The crowd has been flat for a while, it will be white hot next game, it all comes good and pressure is off us and on our rivals (who incidentally choked when they had advantage)

The club is a soap opera, that will never change but it has learned how to play the game, and Rafa is pulling the strings.

:cool:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/benitezs-pre-derby-h-media-briefing

Man I fucking love the bloke, sure I don't agree with every team selection or substitute he makes.  But he's the best thing to happen to the club in a long long time.  The guy oozes class and I trust him,  haven't been able to say that about a Newcastle manager in a while..

Man I f***ing love the bloke, sure I don't agree with every team selection or substitute he makes.  But he's the best thing to happen to the club in a long long time.  The guy oozes class and I trust him,  haven't been able to say that about a Newcastle manager in a while..