Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

So we reckon we'll have a new record transfer this summer then? :lol: Amazes me that the Owen deal is still there after all these years.

Reckon there's a fairly good chance we'll break it on a midfielder or a striker.

If Ashley doesn't invoke some degree of twattery our own fans will be Rafas biggest obstacle. We need to stick with Rafa through thick and thin and appreciate that we won't be a champions league team overnight.

Just found out this news now after logging on here and I'm pleasantly surprised this has all happened so quickly. Looks like Ashley has finally figured out that it's not a good idea to look a gift horse in the mouth. If you are going to trust anyone to spend a huge amount of money, why not one of the best managers in the world? Buzzing for next season. :)

As a PL club you'll almost always have to overpay. Hope we don't splash it all on shitters from this country, though.

We won't if the likes of Ben Gibson are being quoted at £30m. The good thing is, Rafa will have as good a knowledge of the foreign market as anyone so he'll be the right man to bring in quality players for decent value. English players will end up going to CL clubs like Chelsea and Man U who will be prepared to pay stupid money for an instant fix.

Mentioned this in another thread but I can easily see us fetch £25m for Mitrovic, Hanley, Lazaar, Krul, Sels and Saivet.

But this is wonderful news, although I never really thought he'd go this time. I still pinch myself every day that, after all our suffering over the years, Rafa Benitez has somehow ended up as Newcastle United manager. It's just outstanding.

I trust Rafa completely. He made it clear exactly what he wanted at every stage of his appointment - upon arrival, when deciding to remain in the Championship, when deciding to remain after a farcical January, and now. If he's satisfied with Ashley's commitment and response, then I certainly can't help but be. He's an unbelievable professional and a brilliant manager - and seems to truly get the club and the fans in a very special way.

Add to that the money, the elimination of f***ing Wonga, the promotion, I can't help but be incredibly excited. I'm sick of being cynical. I don't care if it makes me an idiot. I want to believe again, so I'm going to.

:thup:

This is just such great news.

Can't wait to see what Rafa can do with us in the Premier League. I still can't see him getting anywhere near £70m to spend but I'd love it if it was true.

Come on toons!

(And fuck it, let's buy Grealish)

I wouldn't get too excited. All he's said is he's not going to take any money out of the club, but at the same time there's no indication that he's going to put any in. That's pretty much how he's tried to run things since he took over. He's not suddenly gone all Abramovich on us.

For sure, with the new TV money, that gives us a lot to play with, but that's the same for everyone.

I wouldn't get too excited. All he's said is he's not going to take any money out of the club, but at the same time there's no indication that he's going to put any in. That's pretty much how he's tried to run things since he took over. He's not suddenly gone all Abramovich on us.

For sure, with the new TV money, that gives us a lot to play with, but that's the same for everyone.

I don't want or expect him to put any of his own money in. Do you?