Leicester City v Newcastle United - Monday 14th March 2016

Figures 1-0 Football

Such a weird sensation: actually being excited about watching us and also giving two hoots about the result.

Don't expect to get anything from this game,would be massive bonus even coming away with 1 point. However, I think we will see Rafa setting his stall out for how he sees things from the get go.

Can't be any worse than we have been, so I am excited!

Next two games after this decide everything imo. HTL

Rafa will try and keep us compact and competitive tonight. The huge problem with that is that their midfield is harder working than ours and Mahrez and Vardy will tear us open wide the moment we lose our shape. Janmaat will be told not to bomb forward and I pray for Taylor, whoever and Dummett.

I think he'll play Mitro as a lone striker hoping he can hold the ball up otherwise we risk simply spending all game giving the ball back to them. I can't see us scoring from open play (ha ha as is we ever do away from home) but I would try exposing Simpson somehow.

Anita could we'll find himself in front of the back four or be told to man mark Mahrez. Personally, I wouldn't be starting Gini tonight as Leicester are the type of team where he will be completely anonymous (more so than usual) away from home. As mad as it sounds I'd be half tempted to play Squidward, purely because of his pace and play Sissoko inside and tell him if he's not at the races by half time he'll be off. I'd be telling Anita to get Shelvey on the ball and for Shelvey to keep hitting Squidward or Mitro and for Sissoko to join up and be the force he should be.

We're not going to be pretty to watch tonight and Rafa will play whoever he thinks will run through walls for 90 minutes and who will stay rigid to his plan. It'll be interesting to see how vocal we are on the pitch tonight. Rafa has this game to see a reaction and start planning for next Sunday.

I would play Doumbia tonight. Up against Huth and Morgan Mitro could well be outmuscled pretty easily.

He did well against WBA's brutes.  They had 4 centre backs playing and he pretty much dominated all of them. 

I wouldn't actually mind seeing a bit of pace, though.  But at the same time, we need to make it stick up there, if we're going to sit deep. 

Since the turn of the year, Leicester have only manage to draw against Bournemouth (H), Villa (A) and West Brom (H) whilst they only managed to beat Norwich 1-0 (H).

As long as Rafa can set us up right, the players do as they're told and we don't let our heads drop should they score, then a draw at least, is very possible.

Leicester aren't exactly a physical team, they pass it about well and use their pace. It would be foolish to push up from the back too much as Vardy and Mahrez et all will gang rape the back four on the counter.

We need to play compact and to our own pace try and let them pass through us, it wouldn't surprise me if one or two big names get dropped tonight. The problem is left back though, Colback might be the best solution but nee way he'll cope with Mahrez. I'd sooner stick Aarons in if he's fit. He's played there 3 times and been good once, shite twice.

Since the turn of the year, Leicester have only manage to draw against Bournemouth (H), Villa (A) and West Brom (H) whilst they only managed to beat Norwich 1-0 (H).

As long as Rafa can set us up right, the players do as they're told and we don't let our heads drop should they score, then a draw at least, is very possible.

A point would be massive, more for confidence than the actual point itself. Every game we go unbeaten from here on in will build confidence.

Mitro gets bullied far too easily like. Can see Huth and Morgan having a right laugh with him.

I'm not sure he'd get much joy out of Huth and Morgan, but wouldn't agree that he always gets bullied by centre halves.  It seems to very much depend on 1) the quality of service we give him and 2) his state of mind.  For example, I'd say he bullied the supposed best English central defender this season in Smalling and played well against WBA and West Ham (both of whom had pretty physical centre halves).  Definitely needs more consistency in this aspect of his game though.