Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: I think some have very quickly forgotten how irritating some Spurs fans have been on this forum over the years (obviously not including Leffe) along with the ITKs, the insanely slow Spurs go marching in song and that crazy sense of self importance that they had when Modric and Berbatov were playing for them. We were their main rival around about that time as well. Spurs winning is still an upset but it's way more part of the football establishment than Leicester winning is.

Out of the 2 I'd definitely prefer Leicester win it like, as Wullie says we'll never hear the end of it with Spurs, Leicester will have their moment an quietly crawl back into their hole.

I think Spurs 'deserve' it though, they play by far the best football in the league imo.

:lol: I think some have very quickly forgotten how irritating some Spurs fans have been on this forum over the years (obviously not including Leffe) along with the ITKs,the insanely slow Spurs go marching in song and that crazy sense of self importance that they had when Modric and Berbatov were playing for them. We were their main rival around about that time as well. Spurs winning is still an upset but it's way more part of the football establishment than Leicester winning is.

I don't have any problem with spurs fans, but this! :lol:

Imagine the shame a seven-year-old child would feel as he looks up and sees his father swinging a clapper about.

Seriously, just imagine it.

Leicester's atmosphere comprises of 20,000 people clacking their clackers and 20 people singing the actual songs.

Considering they are on the brink of one of the worlds biggest shocks, they are pretty poor like :lol: I'd imagine we'd all be turning up to games naked at this point if we were in that position.

Plus Dele Alli has a more punchable face than any of Leicester's players, include Simpson/Vardy/Mahrez.

The thought of Danny Simpson with a Premier League medal. What the fuck is going on with the world?!

Plus Dele Alli has a more punchable face than any of Leicester's players, include Simpson/Vardy/Mahrez.

The thought of Danny Simpson with a Premier League medal. What the fuck is going on with the world?!

He'll more than likely already have one tbf but not as a key feature in a team.

How on earth are Tottenham likable? :lol: They were up there as one of the most disliked set of fans on here from like 2005-2009 and they have that terrible song. I don't dislike them, but they're no more likable than Leicester and Leicester winning the league would be a far bigger achievement, perhaps the biggest sporting achievement ever.

Leicester will go back to being what they were before once they've won it, a bit like Blackburn albeit this would be a far greater achievement. Spurs will be insufferable c***s for all time if they win it. Feel fairly confident saying that seeing as they are generally like that anyway.

:lol: I think some have very quickly forgotten how irritating some Spurs fans have been on this forum over the years (obviously not including Leffe) along with the ITKs, the insanely slow Spurs go marching in song and that crazy sense of self importance that they had when Modric and Berbatov were playing for them. We were their main rival around about that time as well. Spurs winning is still an upset but it's way more part of the football establishment than Leicester winning is.

This, this and this.

Spurs are like Everton, desperately trying to move out of the bigger brothers shadow by telling everyone how good they are.

How on earth are Tottenham likable? :lol: They were up there as one of the most disliked set of fans on here from like 2005-2009 and they have that terrible song. I don't dislike them, but they're no more likable than Leicester and Leicester winning the league would be a far bigger achievement, perhaps the biggest sporting achievement ever.

Leicester will go back to being what they were before once they've won it, a bit like Blackburn albeit this would be a far greater achievement. Spurs will be insufferable c***s for all time if they win it. Feel fairly confident saying that seeing as they are generally like that anyway.

This, this and this.

Spurs are like Everton, desperately trying to move out of the bigger brothers shadow by telling everyone how good they are.

Spurs fans are nowhere near as bad as Everton fans. Every everton fan I've ever met/seen online etc, always hates NUFC because "we think we're a big club" whereas I know lots of spurs fans, and they always have decent things to say about us - they actually know we are a big club which has been mismanaged to death. They also don't think they are as big as chelsea/arsenal etc, but to be fair they're not far off, got loads of money, based in london, new stadium being built, good manager, good players etc... Why shouldn't they be happy and a bit ambitious?

Well, no, we're desperately trying to move out of the bigger brother's shadow by recognizing our relative financial limitations and trying to find ways around them in the short term (investing in youth) and the long term (investing in a new stadium).

Milnertastic answer.

Used to hate Spurs big time, but I find it hard not to respect the squad they have assembled and the manager they have appointed. They used to be all fart and no s***, but to still be up there fighting for the league title with a heavy EL schedule behind them this season is no easy achievement. They play better football than Leicester and dominate teams a lot more than Leicester do.

I'll be happy to see Spurs or Leicester win the league as it would be a massive two fingers up at the elite either way.

Leicester have those clappy things though, they are a worse offence to humanity and football than anything Spurs has ever managed to come up with.

This. Was fucking annoying throught the game. Felt like watching NBA.

The atmosphere was very flat for a club on the cusp of winning the title.

Exactly what I've been saying this week. Comparing that atmosphere on Monday night to the one we used to enjoy when we were flying high under KK was chalk and cheese.

We used to blow sides away before they'd kicked a ball when our place was rocking, which it inevitably was.

Even accounting for the nerves, it did sound very pedestrian.