Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

Really gone off Gini. He's kinda s***. Needs to drift in from the left and not be involved in general play as much.

He was ponderous on the ball and looked off the pace for the first 50-60 mins or so but just about got away with it. Got better in that regard as the game went on. On the whole he was probably better than Anita was at CM imo.

Clear f***ing handball as well.

Blatant PEN.  He moved his arm towards the ball.  Weak Ref.

Rubbish never a penalty.

Specsavers have a good deal on atm.

More of a pen than that given against Sterling recently.

I've got absolutely no complaints with the result, like. Our part in the goal was far from ideal but there was nothing particularly criminal about it. I'm actually staggered by how much tighter and organised we looked at the back. If we can maintain that level of battling and rigidity at the back, we'll concede considerably less than we have been. Continue to defend like that and the onus is seriously on the strikers; not a clue how he's going to fix it. We wouldn't have scored if we were playing till midnight.

When Schmeichel kicks the ball it doesn't have backspin on it so it automatically puts his team on the front foot, whereas Elliot always slices it with backspin even when he's kicking it out his hands

Good structure, commitment and discipline. Feel disappointed not to get something, think we deserved it. Liked the substitutions - not frightened to mix it up. Thought Mitro did well/ what I suspect he was asked to do. Gini played better than Anita and better than he has previously in centre: courageous and tenacious in possession. De Jong needs a goal ( most polite thing I can think of saying) . We can take some positives from that. We will be harder to beat on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Deserved a point and really think we were robbed but you had two teams that have been experiencing different rubs of the green and it showed today with the 50/50 calls all going their way.

Leicester are a bunch of diving, cheating cunts and watching that play action has changed my opinion on who I want to win the league this year, fuck them and their little shitty club and crap clappers.

Back to us and it was such a massive improvement and Rafa's only had 3 sessions (?) With these lot. Now he has a week to get them ready for the great unclean and though tentative, I'm actually looking forward to this one now.

Was an improvement and if Colback hadn't been such a gutless fucker we'd have gotten a draw out of it.

Plenty of positives, Benitez will have figured out what's what with the players and i'm expecting the starting line up against the nonces will be changed for the better.

Don't see the slight anti Leicester feeling, they won fair and square and good luck to them.. it's a massive achievement this season.

We've played really well 2nd half and should have had a penalty.  If it was us defending that I can guarantee that it would have been given.  We need to find goals from somewhere because we'll always be under pressure if we don't score.  It was a positive start from Rafa because we would have folded if McClaren was still here.

Didn't feel anything when we lost. Thought I would care more after Rafa joined. Losing seems to have become normal.

Opposite here, I spent pretty much all of the second half stood up and swearing at the TV, like the olden days.

Haven't seen Leicester much this season, was that a normal performance from them? Wasn't that impressed.

They've been labouring towards results in the last few games.

Really gone off Gini. He's kinda s***. Needs to drift in from the left and not be involved in general play as much.

In comfortably his best away performance you've decided that you've gone off him?[emoji38]Classic Kaka.

He is fucking frustrating.

If we don't start him behind Mitrovic today I reckon we score.

Thought we looked like a different team in our organisation, just still toothless as fuck. That said, it was an away match at the league leaders, I'm not going to make too much of a 1-0 loss there, especially with their goal being offside. I expected a loss tonight, it was the improved performance I was looking out for and to be fair I haven't been disappointed, hope it's a sign of good things going forward.