Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

Perez and Anita off please.

Perez!?[emoji38]

He's done nothing of note until 44 minutes in.

The cross for Sissoko?

The pass to Mitro when he shot/attempted to pass Wijnaldum. Few other things in general play as well. Been one of our better players.

One immediate improvement I've noticed is that Wijnaldum is playing and we're away. He's noticeable.

The Dutch Kevin Nolan. Want to see SDJ on for him sooner rather than later we need someone who can receive and make a pass in their half.

That's a terrible comparison man.[emoji38]

SDJ is arguably closer to being the Dutch Nolan than Wijnaldum. :lol:

SDJ has made more passes in the opposition half in the 3 minutes he's played this season than Wij from the matches I've seen, and I've watched pretty much all of them.

Nolan can't pass in the opposition half?

Jesus have u ever seen us play? lol

On the positive side we're still in the game. The goal was a real pisser because up to then I thought we'd been relatively compact and organised. That it was from a pointless foul and we missed three headers was just a fucking joke.

Funnily enough after the goal (and their chance to put the game to bed) we started playing a bit more, but we're staggeringly nervous on the ball. Just shitting ourselves every time from front to back. I don't think anyone has shown a good first touch.

And Colback can get to fuck. Absolutely useless.

Huge improvement from our recent showings. The team is fighting for each other and working as a unit. Really impressed how much of a difference you can see after only a few days with Rafa. The scoreline doesn't really reflect the match at all.

If I were Sunderland I would be nervous as fuck.

Guest firetotheworks

Perez and Anita off please.

Perez!?[emoji38]

He's done nothing of note until 44 minutes in.

He's put in a mint cross for Sissoko, supported Mitrovich well and had a half chance at the end. He's been involved in all of our breaks. Taking him off now considering the alternatives would be crazy.

You can see why Leicester are top of the league, they're a cracking side. Absolutely buckets of energy all over the park; force you back when they're in possession and barely give you a moment when you've got it. And they're clinical. With that in mind, I think we've done reasonably well and it was a fairly cheap goal from a defensive point of view. Brilliant finish, like.

We're playing with a good level of intensity and desire and a bit more communication might have had us level. We're far from out of this but I suspect they'll probably get another.

Howay. At least they're up for it.

The touch, movement and interplay from Leicester's front three is lightyears ahead of anything we've produced in ages. They defend well and are set up well in midfield.

They're a bloody good side.

We played OK, Sissoko needs to do one he's just not interested, Anita is poop.

We looked much more solid but still toothless, early days I guess.

You are definitely not watching the game.

Sissoko not interested?! Fucking hell!

Decent half, don't think either team has looked particularly good tbh. We've kept them out and looked compact for the most part. There are foundation block for Rafa here if the result stays the same and we don't get bummed. Anita and Colback have been our worst players.