Leicester City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/03/16 - post match reaction from p.44

BlueStar

I think Albrighton is very underrated insofar as his impact on their play.

Agree. Mahrez, Vardy, Kante are getting the majority of the plaudits and he's going quite unnoticed. I'd take him to the Euro's tbh.

The most organised I have seen us in a long time.

Leicester were quite poor imo, if we had strikers with confidence then we'd have won that easily.

Thought it was an absolute stone wall penalty mind, if the ball is travelling towards goal and you change the direction of it with your arm then it should always be a penalty. Morgan moved his arm towards it and had plenty of time to move it out of the way. The rule around handball needs changing and is it open to opinion rather than set in stone.

I'd have taken a point and I think we deserved one.

Aye really poor from the referees this year to be such suckers for Leicester's flopping and soft toppling over at any moment. And of course us never getting any fucking penalty decisions.

Bit late but....

Elliot 6 Not much to do, some pressurised kicking

Janmaat 6 A few errors on the ball but tireless

Taylor 6 Hopeless on the ball but solid, couple of good blocks

Lascelles 6 Always nervous when he's on the ball but did better

Colback 6 Fairly solid, nowt going forward (instructed) stupid foul

Anita 5 Neat and tidy, nowt more

Shelvey 7 Inconsistent passing but imposed himself in the second

Perez 7 Busy, much more effective in the middle

Gini 6.5 Was much better when he got onto the ball in the second half

Sissoko 6.5 Effort was there, I thought but frustrating

Mitrovic 8 Held up the ball very well. Had zero chances to score

Townsend 7 Wanted the ball. Looked lively

De Jong 7 Decent cameo, I hope Rafa has seen something

Summary- Organised and committed but still toothless up front. Considering the opposition  (who were impressive) it was much better.

Mitrovic an 8. [emoji38]

It's clear you have an agenda against him.

:lol: He was never an 8, like.

The day after and I feel down because we didn't get anything, and we deserved something.

For god knows how long I've gotten over a defeat as little as minutes later. Not sure if it's a good sign that I'm caring more...because we could be in for some serious hurt.

Same.  I've not been getting nervous before or during games, either.  But I was last night. 

Plus, I'm already getting nervous about Sunday.  I don't think I've given a shit about a derby for the last two years.

Leicester were poor going forward and rarely threatened up but they were great at defensive organisation and closing us down. They had so much energy and are really tough to play against.

Still hope anyone wins the league but them.

Choice of Spurs or Leicester I'd take Leicester any day of the week

I like Ranieri but I've had a hatred of Leicester ever since the final game of the 91/92 season so for that reason I hope Spurs win it. Can't see past Leicester now though.

Choice of Spurs or Leicester I'd take Leicester any day of the week

I like Ranieri but I've had a hatred of Leicester ever since the final game of the 91/92 season so for that reason I hope Spurs win it. Can't see past Leicester now though.

I was there for that as well so know how you feel but I'll over come that to see that non-big team win the the PL and stick it up the 'big boys'

I want them to choke. f*** them.

I kind of do. They won't though.

So frustrating to think our team of 95-96 couldn't win it but this Leicester side will! They've had no challenge all season ffs. Where's a Cantona when you need him?!

Guest Ogden

I think Albrighton is very underrated insofar as his impact on their play.

He's having the season of his life.  I don't think its gone unnoticed, though.

I actively wanted them to win it, but then they started singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" and "you're going down with the villa" and it made me realise again how much I hate football fans, every one of them :lol: Fuck having another lot wining the title and giving it the bigun.

It's going to be a new team winning it either way though as Man City and Arenal are out of it.

Guest firetotheworks

How on earth are Tottenham likable? :lol: They were up there as one of the most disliked set of fans on here from like 2005-2009 and they have that terrible song. I don't dislike them, but they're no more likable than Leicester and Leicester winning the league would be a far bigger achievement, perhaps the biggest sporting achievement ever.

Leicester will go back to being what they were before once they've won it, a bit like Blackburn albeit this would be a far greater achievement. Spurs will be insufferable cunts for all time if they win it. Feel fairly confident saying that seeing as they are generally like that anyway.